𝟐𝟎| 𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐚𝐜

CHAPTER TWENTY:

TIC TAC

LETTING OUT A small groan, Y/n's e/c eyes fluttered open, glancing around the place she was in

LETTING OUT A small groan, Y/n's e/c eyes fluttered open, glancing around the place she was in. A little in front of her, stood Sam with his arms crossed, slightly pacing back and forth. Looking to her right, she sees Bucky sitting there, looking like he was just waking up as well.

Feeling a tug on her wrist, she looks down, seeing one of her wrists hand-cuffed to a large and thick metal pole as Bucky's metal arm was trapped in-between two heavy objects. His blue eyes land on his beloved, meeting her e/c orbs.

"Y/n..." Bucky croaks out in a whisper.

"Hey, Cap!" Sam calls upon seeing them both awake.

Steve jogs over, both men walking inside, stopping just a little in front of the two partners, glancing between them.

"Steve." Y/n murmurs, glancing at her brother.

"Which Bucky and Y/n am I talking to?" Steve asks.

Y/n smiles slightly. "Our mom's name was Sarah."

"You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky adds, chuckling.

"Can't read that in a museum." Steve states.

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam questions.

"What did we do?" Bucky asks nervously.

"Enough." Steve replies.

Bucky sighs. "Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside us is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?" Steve questions.

"We don't know." Bucky replies, glancing at Y/n.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup, the doctor did all that just to get ten minutes with you two. I need you both to do better than "I don't know"." Steve lists off.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where we were kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Y/n recalls.

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve asks.

"Because we're not the only Winter Soldiers." Y/n reveals.

"Who were they?" Steve questions.

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky explains.

"They all turn out like you two?" Sam asks.

"Worse." Bucky responds.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asks.

"Enough." Y/n replies.

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve recalls.

"With these guys, he could do it. They speak thirty languages, can hide in plain sight... infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see them coming." Bucky explains.