𝟏𝟖| 𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

BUCHAREST

Y/N, STEVE, SAM, and Sharon all stood in the same room as the news about a bombing in Vienna played on the TV

Y/N, STEVE, SAM, and Sharon all stood in the same room as the news about a bombing in Vienna played on the TV. Sharon paced back and forth behind the three heroes, her phone right to her ear as she talked to someone.

Eventually, a blurry face that looked exactly like James Buchanan Barnes appears on the screen, the news saying he was the cause of the bombing that happened in Vienna and also caused the death of Wakanda's King T'Chaka.

"I have to go to work." Sharon whispers.

~

Y/n found herself sitting beside Sam in a café as Steve stood outside, talking to Natasha on the phone. Both her, Sam, and Steve wore sunglasses and baseballs caps over their heads and faces. Eventually, Steve comes inside, stopping beside his sister.

"She tell you to stay out of it?" Sam asks, receiving no response from the blonde. "Might have a point."

"He'd do it for me. And Y/n." Steve argues.

"1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we consider all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me." Sam reminds.

"And me." Y/n adds.

"And Y/n." Sam repeats, nodding in agreement.

Sharon then walks in, stopping on the other side of Steve as she tries to act normal.

"Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public." Sharon informs. "Everybody thinks one of the Winter Soldiers goes to their gym. Most of it's noise. Except for this." Sharon slides a file towards Steve. "My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now, so that's all the head start you're gonna get."

"Thank you." Steve replies.

"You're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight." Sharon explains.

And with that, she walks out of the café, leaving the three heroes to look at the file she handed them.

~

Steve and Y/n found themselves standing in a small apartment in Bucharest, glancing around the place. The apartment belonged to the ex-assassin, also Y/n's ex-partner. Both siblings wore their suits, Steve holding his shield in his hand.

Y/n walks towards the fridge, grabbing, what looked to be a journal, from the top, opening it up and skimming through it. Many, many times, she found her name in there, along with Steve's, but no as much as hers. Some words said about how much he loved her and missed her, others saying about the memories he's had.

"Heads up, guys. German Special Forces, approaching from the south." Sam informs over the coms.

"Understood." Steve replies.