𝟏𝟗| 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐮𝐭 𝐳𝐞𝐦𝐨

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

HELMUT ZEMO

STEVE, SAM AND T'Challa sat in a truck as Bucky and Y/n wore forced into objects, just like cages, no one wanting to risk anything with the other Winter Soldier, thinking it would be better to lock her up with Bucky

"So, you like cats?" Sam asks, breaking the silence as he looks at T'Challa.

"Sam." Steve firmly says.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat, you don't wanna know more?" Sam questions.

"Your suit... it's vibranium?" Steve asks.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior." T'Challa explains. "And now, because your friend murdered my father... I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

The blonde doesn't reply as the driver continues driving, where they soon find themselves inside a building. The three men hop out of the van, Steve glancing over his shoulder at his best friend and sister before they walk towards Sharon, who stood beside a man.

"What's gonna happen to them?" Steve questions.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you." The man replies. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon introduces.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asks.

"Lawyer. That's funny." Everett Ross comments. "See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt."

A few men walk past them, holding Steve and Sam's weapons, shield and wings in hand.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam states.

As they begin walking, Steve glances back at Y/n and Bucky, meeting their eyes before they look away, being sent to another room as the blonde leaves into a hallway.

~

Y/n and Bucky sat in their cages in the same room, sitting in silence. Occasionally, they glanced over at one another, sometimes making eye contact. All Bucky wanted to do was hold her in his arms, just like he used to.

The sound of a door is heard, both not even glancing up as they knew someone just walked in. Holding a book in his hand, Helmut Zemo glances between the ex-assassins, fixing his glasses on his face.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes, Ms. Rogers. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you two mind if I sit?" Zemo questions, receiving no response from either of them as he sits down. "Your first names are James and Y/n?"