Chapter 6: An Unexpected Victory

(Ava's POV)
"We are going to play a game," Rachel said into the megaphone. "We are going to take a vote on which game to play."
She gave the megaphone to Colleen.
"The choices are kickball, volleyball, and soccer," Colleen announced. "Raise your hand for soccer!"
I rose my hand. About ten other people did too.
"Raise your hand for volleyball!" Colleen said.
About 6 kids rose their hands.
"Raise your hand for kickball!" She said.
About 55 kids rose their hand.
"Kickball it is!" Colleen announced.
Great. I suck at kickball...oh well. Rachel put us in a line and gave us a number, 1 or 2. Ariana and I stood next to each other. Since Colleen and Rachel noticed we were friends and since she came to the hospital with me, she purposely put us on the same team. Her original pattern was, "1..2...1...2...".But when got to us, she changed it to "1...1...2...2...". Because she did this, we were both on Team 1.
Our team was up first. Ariana was 7th in line and I was 8th. The first kick was a home run. Everyone congratulated the person that kicked it. The next kick was a single. Someone tried to catch it but they dropped it. After that, only one person got out until Ariana was up. She kicked it and it went towards third base. She was so close to getting out be she ran fast enough to get to first base. Then, I was up. I kicked it and it went towards third base and someone tried to catch it but they dropped it. I rapidly ran to second while Ariana ran to third. Ariana kept running so the other team was chasing her home. I ran to third and they didn't notice. Someone threw the ball to the pitcher but missed and it went to first base. Then, I ran home. Rachel high-fived me. Even though it wasn't my fault, it was because the other team kept messing up.
After the game, we washed up and all went to our cabins. Colleen came to our cabin. We were all just talking about YouTube and the internet. We were exchanging Instagram usernames so that we could follow each other. When Colleen walked in, we all screamed.
"Hey guys," she laughed.
"Hi Colleen!" We all said in unison.
"There's something I want to discuss with you guys, its pretty serious," she said.