Chapter 13: Escape

(Colleen's POV)
I got up and changed into my Rugrats sweater and skinny jeans. I quickly put my hair in a side braid and slipped on the high tops Josh bought me. I grabbed my phone and ran outside. Rachel stopped me.
"Colleen, what are you doing?!" Rachel asked, holding me so I wouldn't run away.
"I need to see Josh!" I cried.
She hugged me and I cried harder. "But what about the kids?" Rachel asked.
"They're fine, they're asleep," I said.
"Okay then," Rachel said reluctantly. She kissed me on the cheek. "Good luck."
"Thank you," I hugged her tightly.

I ran to my car and drove to the hospital. When I got to Josh's room, I stared down at him, laying in the bed, asleep. I sat down next to him and held his hand. After a few minutes of me staring at him, quietly sobbing, he woke up. I gasped and hugged him.
"How are you feeling?" I asked him.
"My stomach hurts, but they got my appendix out," he replied. I smiled and rested my head on him like a pillow. Just then, a nurse walked in. "Why are you up this late?" she asked Josh. Then she noticed me.
"How long will Josh have to stay here for?" I asked.
"About one week," the nurse answered. I felt a tear roll down my face.
"Is he going to be okay?" I asked.
"Yeah, he's fine now. The surgery went well," the nurse said.
"Thank goodness," I said. I hugged Josh again. Soon enough, the nurse left and Josh and I both fell asleep.

(Ava's POV)
I walk up to the diving board. I was going to attempt my first flip after the accident. Colleen isn't there with me, she's at the hospital with Josh. I jump twice and flip over. I land right on the back of my neck on the diving board. I scream. Everything goes black.

I opened my eyes and saw the wood ceiling of the cabin. I sighed, it was just a dream.

(Rachel's POV)
I can't sleep. I'm worried for Colleen. I laid there wide awake, thinking of all the bad things that could happen to Colleen. I turned over and checked the time. 2:34 am. I called her. No answer. I cried. I wanted to go to the hospital, but I couldn't leave the kids.

A/N: I hope you like this chapter! Also, I met Colleen again at her first book signing! Selp Helf is the funniest thing ever😂