Chapter 4: Sparks and Shadows (Rewrited)

[A/N: Hello fellas this is your favourite author (sees no one, and author started to sulk at the corner of the room)

Anyway I have edited and add some new things, like adding character that I forgot to add and fixing few things

Do vote and comment if you found any mistakes

Well I did edit it but I got lazy and half done the chapter while fixing that sorry for that

But I think it's good to go]

As time flows steadily onward, Aether Cranel and his companions within the Astraea Familia persisted on their path of personal development and exploration within the vibrant Orario. At the tender age of seven,

Today it's his duty to patrol on Orario's West district, Neze accompanying him,

As they strolled through the bustling streets, the atmosphere was alive with a symphony of voices and activities. Their ears suddenly caught a desperate cry for help, piercing through the urban symphony.

"MY PURSE!! SOMEONE CATCH HIM!!" The plea echoed, ricocheting off the buildings and drawing immediate attention. Aether and Neze pivoted swiftly towards the source of the commotion, their eyes fixing on a girl frantically gesturing toward a man in the distance. He, in turn, dashed away with an audible smirk curling on his lips, his laughter cutting through the clamour of the street as he widened the gap between himself and his pursuers.

Aether swiftly surged forward, his body instinctively channelling a cloak of lightning propelling him towards the fleeing thief. In a mere blink, he expertly intercepted and immobilised the culprit

With a lightning-quick manoeuvre, He strategically positioned his hand behind his back, executing a skillful and decisive takedown that brought the thief crashing to the ground. The impact was forceful, rendering the thief unconscious and ending his escapade.

As the dust settled and the immediate threat was neutralised, Neze soon caught up

"I hope you didn't kill him" Neze joked with a playful grin

"Stop kidding around, Neze," Aether responded with a wry smile. "Let's hand him over to the Ganesha Familia's security. I'll make sure the lady gets her purse back."

"Sure" However, as she seized the thief, her expression contorted into a scowl. "He reeks of booze," she grimaced, her disgust evident. "He must be one of those Soma Familia members."

"Soma? Are you referring to the God of Wine, Soma?" Aether asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Seems some of those Soma Familia folks, caught up in their wine-induced stupor, have taken to thievery," Neze explained, her tone carrying a note of concern over the recent developments.

Aether, intrigued by the situation, questioned, "Why doesn't their god intervene or take action, perhaps even punish them?"

"Ah, the god Soma?" Neze responded, a hint of frustration creeping into her voice. "He always kept to himself, engrossed in his wine experiments. He's quite a reclusive and, frankly, a rather unpleasant deity," she added, her annoyance with Soma evident from the expression on her face.

Aether's response was marked by a contemplative look, his young face reflecting a distinct perspective. "He seems more like a lonely god to me," he mused, offering a unique insight into the situation that differed from the typical view of the God Soma.

Neze, observing Aether's compassionate perspective, couldn't help but offer a fond and understanding smile, appreciating his innocent and considerate nature.

"Regardless," Neze continued, diverting the conversation, "You head over and return the purse to the girl, while I take this guy and deliver him to the Ganesha guards."