Chapter 9: Whispers of the Past and Unbreakable Vows (under rewrite)

I had a dream,
It was before I awaken my memory,
A Dream of a quite peaceful Twilight of somewhere far away from here-

In the tranquil farm fields, bathed in the golden glow of the setting sun, I walked alongside Mother with little Bella nestled snugly in the baby carrier. The air was filled with a serene stillness, interrupted only by the gentle caress of the wind as it whispered through the fields, rustling the crops with a soothing melody. The rhythmic swaying of the tall grasses mirrored the tranquillity that enveloped us, creating a harmonious symphony of nature's whispers.

As we strolled through the fields, the earth beneath our feet felt alive, resonating with the quiet hum of life. The rich scent of fertile soil mingled with the fragrance of wildflowers, creating a sensory tapestry that painted the surroundings with an intoxicating aroma. The vibrant hues of green stretched as far as the eye could see, painting a picture of nature's abundance and vitality.

In the midst of this picturesque landscape, Bella slept soundly in the baby carrier, her cherubic face serene and untouched by the worries of the world. The gentle rise and fall of her tiny chest revealed the peaceful rhythm of her slumber, as if the gentle lullaby of the wind had lulled her into a blissful dreamscape. It was a moment of pure innocence, a snapshot of the fleeting beauty of childhood, as Bella's dreams intertwined with the gentle rustling of the crops and the whispering wind.

The breeze, carrying the essence of the surrounding nature, danced around us, weaving through our hair and brushing against our skin with a tender touch. Its gentle caress carried a sense of tranquillity, as if nature itself was bestowing its blessings upon our journey. The wind carried with it the stories of the land, whispered secrets of forgotten tales, and the promise of new beginnings.

In that idyllic moment, as we traversed the farm fields, time seemed to stand still. The symphony of nature's orchestra played on, the wind conducting its invisible choir, the crops swaying in perfect unison, and Bella cocooned in the embrace of peaceful dreams. It was a moment of pure serenity, a respite from the chaos of the world, where the only thing that mattered was the bond between a mother and her child, the shared connection with the earth beneath their feet, and the soothing melody of the wind as it whispered its secrets to those who cared to listen.

Breaking the tranquil silence, I mustered the courage to speak.

Aether: "Hey, Mother."

Alfia looked at me, her eyes filled with curiosity. "What do you want?" she asked.

Aether hesitated for a moment, feeling a tinge of fear. "Promise me you won't hit me," I requested.

Alfia said, her voice laced with a hint of mischief. "That depends on what you want to say, doesn't it?"

Scary* that the only thing Aether's thought

She then said "Well, if you don't keep your voice down, I might have to resort to such measures."

Aether gulps nervously, his imagination running wild with the possible consequences.

Mother's expression softened as she reassured me "Don't worry, I'm not serious. Just go ahead and ask your questions."

Aether took a deep breath before finally voicing his query. "Can you tell me what Bella's mother was like? You rarely talk about them."

A profound silence settled upon us as the wind gently rustled the surrounding crops, creating a melodic backdrop to Alfia's nostalgic recollections.

As memories of Meteria, flooded Alfia's mind, a gentle smile graced her lips.

Alfia: "She was kind," she began, her voice filled with warmth.