Chapter 10: Rise of the Strom

??? POV

Gazing down at the deep wounds that marred his body, a mixture of pain and determination welled up within him. His eyes shifted to a certain blonde girl, who stood by his side, her expression filled with concern and fear. His other friend, lying weak and half-conscious nearby, added to the weight on his heart.

"Looks like this is it," He whispered, his voice tinged with sadness, with a heavy heart he said. "Ai-chan take Ryuu and leave. We can't stay here any longer."

Ais's facade of unwavering strength faltered, a flicker of anguish crossing her face. She struggled with the conflicting emotions within her-her desire to stay by Aether's side, to fight alongside him, and the bitter reality that their chances of survival diminished with every passing moment. Tears welled in her eyes as she whispered, "I can't... I can't just leave you here."

Aether reached out, his hand gently wiping away her tears. The tenderness in his touch spoke volumes, his care for her shining through even in this dire situation. With a somber smile, he said, "I know it's hard, but we must face the truth. Our strength alone is not enough. You and Ryuu have to escape before it's too late."

As I rose to my feet, a surge of resolve coursed through me. The echoes of a thunderous growl resonated through the darkness, reminding us of the imminent danger closing in.

Locking eyes with Ais, I mustered a faint smile, though pain gnawed at my every fiber. "Remember our purpose," I said, my voice laced with determination. "Take Ryuu and go."

As lightning crackled around my body, I pushed myself upright, a surge of energy coursing through me. "Now go!" I commanded, my voice firm despite the pain that coursed through my veins.

Through tear-filled eyes, the girl rose from her place, her cries blending with the weak sobs of our elven companion. She gathered her strength and took one last look at me, her expression a mix of anguish and determination.

Summoning the strength to smile, I whispered the words that held the weight of our shared memories, " ███████". With those simple words, I conveyed a lifetime of emotions, of love and devotion that transcended our current plight.

Time seemed to stand still as she stood there, her tear-filled eyes locked on mine. In that moment, I could see the weight of our shared promise etched in her expression. With a heavy heart, she took our wounded companion, Ryuu, and fastly withdrew,

Now Aether stood alone, his heart ablaze with determination.

ROOOOAR

The monster roar shook the dungeon as he charged towards Aether

Aether channelled every ounce of his power, facing the monstrous beast with unwavering resolve. Their battle shook the very foundations of the Dungeon, their clash of titanic proportions.

Few days earlier*

Alise: So what can we do in today's expedition

Aether: Maybe I can take on the Goliath on my own this time? It would be a great way to prove my strength.

Alise: I don't know, Aether. It seems too risky. I don't want Ryuu or Ais to kill us for letting you do that. Plus, you're still young.

Aether entered a thinking posture, trying to figure out what to do. It had been more than eight months since Aether left his house arrest, and now, as he approached his ninth birthday, he went about his regular chores and training in the city of Orario. The once adorable Aether had grown older, and his innocence had faded slightly with time. He found himself contemplating a new challenge, Well many things change, most of the Astraea familia members are level 4 now, even ryuu just recently level up to level 4.