Part 1: Supergirl

We open in an average coffee shop on an average Friday in Metropolis. That is, until she walked in. Maybe a year older than our protagonist, just past shoulder-length black hair, a dark blue jacket that had Wonder Woman and Flash patches, no drink in hand. (Y/N) had seen her there several times before, but never actually decided to go up and say "hi". I mean, how could someone not get nervous just seeing her? But today, something changed; after she ordered, she ended up waiting next to him. Better yet, she decided to strike up a conversation!

(Girl): Nice weather today, huh?

(Y/N): Yeah. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised there haven't been any supervillain incidents this week.

(Girl): Yeah, same here. I guess Superman and Supergirl are doing a pretty good job.

(Y/N): I totally agree. We're really lucky to have two of the best superheroes around both protecting Metropolis. Sure, Supergirl isn't as experienced, but she's been seriously improving, especially lately.

(Girl): You think?

(Y/N): Yeah. Nobody's perfect, plus she's still pretty new to the whole superhero thing as far as I can tell.

(Girl): Huh, I never thought about it like that. I guess a lot of people must have just expected her to be another Superman.

(Y/N): Honestly, that's probably why people were a bit less trustful of her at the start. She still has the 'S' but she must not have had that great control over her powers. Still, I'm really glad she's on our side.

Suddenly, her watch started beeping.

(Girl): I totally agree. Oh, sorry, I have to get to work. My boss is kinda really big on being on time.

(Y/N): Oh, okay. It was really nice talking to you!

(Girl): You too!

And with that, she left the coffee shop. After he got his and left, however, as if by some divine level of irony, (Y/N) walked outside to find Superman and Supergirl fighting a giant, metal man.

(Superman): Give it up, Corben! Let's at least take this away from civilians.

(Metallo): Like I'm doing what you tell me to do! I'm trying to shoot you!

(Supergirl): Well, you're gonna have a hard time with that. We aren't standing still like whatever targets you've been using.

Just then, Metallo's gun arm switched into a sword and he swung it at the small crowd of people (Y/N) was a part of. Luckily, Superman held it back while Supergirl got him and the other pedestrians to safety. She put (Y/N) on the roof of a nearby building, sitting him on an air conditioning unit.

(Supergirl): Stay here for me, okay? I'll come get you as soon as it's safe.

(Y/N): Okay! Go kick that guy's ass.

(Supegirl): That's the plan!

And with that, she flew off to continue the fight with Metallo. While Superman's top priority was not getting hit by a Kryptonite blast, Supergirl flew in and tore his gun arm off. After she did that, Metallo was finally fighting an uphill battle. After a few minutes, Metallo was unable to keep fighting and was taken by authorities. After that, Supergirl returned to the roof she left (Y/N) on, sitting down next to him.

(Supergirl): Hey, sorry about the whole "leaving you on a roof" thing. It was the first thing that came to mind.

(Y/N): Eh, don't worry about it. Thanks for saving my ass, though.

(Supergirl): It's in the job description. I'm still trying to fully get it.

(Y/N): Yeah, I get it. This is probably a lot different than what you're used to.

(Supergirl): Yeah, you got that right. Oh, I have to go, so I'll get you down from here.

(Y/N): Okay, thanks for that.

(Supergirl): Any time!

Following the Metallo attack, (Y/N) ended up going to work before returning to his apartment for the night. It was a fairly average day, apart from the obvious. The following day started much like the last. He woke up, showered and went to get a warm drink to wake him up fully. The same girl from the previous day showed up too, so this time he struck up a conversation with her.

(Y/N): Hey, it's good to see you again.

(Girl): Yeah, you too. Did you see the whole thing with Metallo yesterday? It looked pretty crazy.

(Y/N): Actually, I was there when it happened. I would've been cut in half if Supergirl didn't come in when she did.

(Girl): Seriously?

(Y/N): Yeah! Hell, she even stopped by after to get me down from the roof she put me on and talk. She was pretty cool.

(Girl): You're kidding, right?

(Y/N): Nope. I actually got saved by Supergirl.

(Girl): That's pretty cool to be honest. Oh, sorry, I didn't get your name yesterday.

(Y/N): Don't worry about it, I totally understand. I'm (Y/N).

(Girl): Nice to meet you, (Y/N). I'm Kara.

(Y/N): Nice to meet you too, Kara.

(Kara): Could I get your number? I feel like we've kinda hit it off and I don't really have a ton of friends here yet.

(Y/N): Totally! Here 'ya go.

He showed Kara his phone screen, giving her his number. She added it as a contact on her phone.

(Kara): Thanks so much, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Of course. So, I take it you're pretty new in town?

(Kara): You could say that. I moved to Metropolis about a month ago because I have some family here.

(Y/N): I totally understand.

(Kara): Thanks so much, (Y/N). I'll talk to you later, okay?

(Y/N): Sounds good to me!

(Kara): Awesome!

After giving Kara his number, they both got their drinks and went their separate ways for the day. She called him that night, the two of them only stopping after over an hour of him giving her restaurant recommendations and her asking him about other places to meet up.