Part 15: Powerless

After Kara woke up next to (Y/N), she noticed something was off. For some reason, her vision was blurred.

(Kara): What the hell?

(Y/N): Huh? What happened?

(Kara): I don't know. Everything is kinda blurry.

She then grabbed her glasses that she wears as Kara Danvers and put them on. When she did, her vision went back to normal.

(Kara): Weird. So, uh, what were you thinking for breakfast?

(Y/N): How about donuts?

(Kara): That works for me. There's a really good place on the other side of town.

After that, Kara went up to the roof in her Supergirl suit to get the donuts herself. When she tried to fly off, however, nothing happened.

(Kara): Are you kidding me?

(Y/N): What's wrong?

(Kara): I think my powers are gone.

(Y/N): How's that even possible?

(Kara): Apparently this has happened to Kal before. Between Kryptonite, not being around a yellow sun and pushing his powers too far, it's probably the last one for me.

(Y/N): So, what are you gonna do? Are you gonna go ask him for tips, stay low as Kara Danvers, or something else?

(Kara): In all honesty, probably both of those. I'll check if he's off work.

[Kara]: Hey, can I come over? It's important.

I'll be there asap. Can I bring (Y/N) too?

Thanks!

(Kara): He said you can come too if you want to.

(Y/N): So I can meet Superman? Why would I not want to go?

(Kara): I mean, you already know Supergirl.

(Y/N): And she's a great girlfriend.

(Kara): Thanks, babe.

(Y/N): No problem, beautiful.

(Kara): You ready to go?

(Y/N): I am, but you might wanna change into your Kara clothes instead of the blue and red.

(Kara): Good point. I'll go get ready, then.

After Kara changed into her regular clothes, she and (Y/N) made their way to meet Kal-El. They walked the same way they did before, though (Y/N) didn't make the connection until they were at the door to his apartment.

(Y/N): Hey, uh, Kara?

(Kara): Yeah?

(Y/N): Isn't this-

(Lois): Kara, (Y/N)! It's great to see you two again.

(Kara): Hey, Lois. I'm going to assume you know why we're here.

(Lois): Yeah, he told me. He's out right now, but feel free to sit anywhere.

(Boy): Hey mom, where'd my lunch go?

(Lois): It's in your backpack, Jon.

(Jon): Okay! Thanks mom, love you.

(Lois): Love you too, sweetie.

Following that, Jon, Lois and Clark's son, left for school. After a few minutes of Kara and (Y/N) sitting on the couch, (Y/N)'s head on Kara's lap, there was a knock on the door. He was surprised to see who walked in.

(Clark): Guess who has donuts! You wanted to talk, Kara?

(Kara): Hey, cuz. Yeah. My, uh, powers are gone.

(Clark): That's happened to me a couple times. You've been doing a lot lately, so that probably has something to do with it.

(Kara): I was thinking the same thing.

(Y/N): Wait a sec, Clark Kent is Superman!?

(Kara): Sorry, (Y/N). I trust you a lot, but I wanted to make sure he was okay with it.

(Clark): Which I am, by the way. Kara trusts you a lot and I trust her judgment. Well, besides that one time.

(Kara): Hey, what's that about?

(Clark): You and I both know. She found another Kryptonian, or he found her, and he tried to use Kara to destroy the world.

(Kara): Which I didn't know about until right before I kicked his ass. And I didn't feel at home or even welcome here at the time.

(Clark): Do you now?

(Kara): Definitely.

she said that as she moved her hand to hold (Y/N)'s.

(Clark): I'm glad. But back to the original topic. My best advice for this is just to lay low and wait for your powers to come back. It's taken me up to a week, but it'll probably be less for you.

(Y/N) moved his head as the two Kryptonians then stood up and hugged.

(Kara): Thanks, Kal.

(Clark): Any time, Kara. Congratulations on the boyfriend, by the way.

(Kara): Thanks. (Y/N) is seriously the best.

(Y/N): You are too, Kara.

(Clark): You guys want to stay for some breakfast?

(Kara): That would be awesome.

(Y/N): Yeah, thanks.

After the two couples ate, Kara and (Y/N) decided to make the walk back to her apartment. With her powers gone, Kara realized how right he was when they first walked to meet with Clark and Lois. She was nearly out of breath.

(Kara): Y'know what, babe?

(Y/N): What?

(Kara): You were right. This-this is a really long walk.

(Y/N): I know, right? You need to sit down somewhere?

(Kara): I'll probably be fine. Oh my god.

When they made it back to Kara's apartment, she practically fell onto (Y/N) and her couch, putting her head on his shoulder. After a short while, (Y/N) noticed that Kara was beginning to tear up from something.

(Y/N): Kara, are you okay?

(Kara): No. Now that I don't have my powers, I just feel totally helpless. I can't protect anyone; I can't protect YOU.

(Y/N): Kara, I don't always need you to protect me, okay?

(Kara): But what about what happened with Silver Banshee? What about Livewire? What about freaking Metallo on the day we met? If I wasn't there you'd...you'd be-

(Y/N): But I'm not. Clark said your powers will probably be back in a few days, I can go that long without getting attacked by some superpowered psycho.

(Kara): I know, but what if it still happens?

(Y/N): If something that big happened, I'm sure Clark would show up.

(Kara): But I wouldn't be able to.

(Y/N): Yeah, but this is all working off a big "IF", y'know? We'll both be fine. I promise.

(Kara): You'd better keep that.

(Y/N): I will. How about a date in a couple days? There's a really great movie that's getting rereleased soon.

(Kara): That works for me. Thanks, (Y/N).

(Y/N): No problem, Kara.