Part 7: Working

A few days after telling (Y/N) that she was traveling to Gotham for a week, Kara texted her friend about where she would be staying for that.

(Kara): Hey, (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Yeah?

(Kara): Clark, Jimmy and I are staying at one of Wayne's hotels!

(Y/N): That's awesome! Make sure to send me pictures of it!

(Kara): Will do!

(Y/N): Do you know which room you guys are gonna be staying in?

(Kara): We're gonna be in 510, 511 and 512. I'm in 510.

(Y/N): Awesome! I hope you have an awesome time when you go.

(Kara): Me too! I'm really gonna miss you, though

(Y/N): Me too, Kara. Me too.

{Kara's Day}

After their conversation, Kara suited up and flew off to stop an armored truck robbery. When she landed in front of the bank, the criminal there started shooting at her, but the bullets just bounced off.

(Supergirl): You sure that's gonna work, buddy? The first thirty bullets didn't, so...

She then walked towards the man and took the gun out of his hand through the open window. After that, she lifted the truck from in front.

(Supergirl): ...If you keep this up, I'm taking this and putting it on top of a building. Pretty sure cops are on the way anyway, though.

(Man): What the hell do you think you're doing!?

(Supergirl): You're the one who chose to get this assault rifle and rob an armored truck. And the one who thought shooting me was gonna leave a dent. You're on a streak of bad moves here and I'm gonna bust your tires.

(Man): I'm gonna get you! You hear me!?

(Supergirl): What are you gonna do, shoot me again? That hasn't been working out for you.

As she said that, the Metropolis police showed up to arrest the man.

(Cop 1): Everything alright here, Supergirl?

(Supergirl): Yeah, just give me a sec. It doesn't look like anything's missing.

(Cop 2): Thanks for the help on that, but we'll take things from here.

(Supergirl): Just don't get too rough with him. He deserves another chance to get things right.

(Cop 1): You're the superhero.

(Man): I'm tellin' 'ya! I didn't do nothin'!

(Cop 1): Yeah, yeah. Says the guy that was driving the hijacked truck. Thanks again, Supergirl.

(Supergirl): Any time, it's what I'm here for.

Following that, Kara flew off again to arrive at the Daily Planet in time for work. She made it, but just barely.

(Perry): Danvers! Where have you been?

(Kara): Sorry, Mr. White. My train here had to stop between stations.

(Perry): Alright, then. Just don't get caught again tomorrow. You, Olsen and Kent are getting briefed for your Gotham assignment.

(Kara): I'll do my best.

(Perry): I hope so, kid.

Kara then went to the break room to get a donut and some caffeine, where she saw Lois. They were the only ones there.

(Lois): Hey, Kara. How's it going?

(Kara): Did you see the armored truck thing?

(Lois): Yeah, I did. Great job on that, by the way.

(Kara): Thanks. It was kind of a lot.

(Lois): Sounds like it.

(Kara): Yeah.

(Lois): Clark told me about your little event after you get back here. Congratulations on getting into the League.

(Kara): Thanks, Lois. I think I'm going to tell (Y/N) about who I am when I get back

(Lois): Gold luck. I remember Clark getting just as nervous as you before he told me.

(Kara): Yeah, but you guys were dating, right?

(Lois): And (Y/N) is your best friend. Even then, we weren't automatically closer than you two are now.

(Kara): Good point. I'm gonna go get to work now.

(Lois): You got this, Kara!

(Kara): Thanks! [Wait, do I like (Y/N)?]

{(Y/N)'s day}

After talking with Kara, (Y/N) went to his job, that being as a server. The tips were shockingly good at the restaurant. On his break, he was sitting outside with a coworker.

(Coworker): Hey, did you see that truck robbery earlier?

(Y/N): No, what happened?

(Coworker): Saw it on TV. Supergirl stepped in and stalled the guy long enough for the cops to get there.

(Y/N): Oh damn, that sounds like it was interesting.

(Coworker): Long day so far, huh?

(Y/N): Yeah.

(Coworker): Yeah, me too. That lunch rush was crazy today.

(Y/N): I totally agree

(Coworker): You got anything comin' up soon?

(Y/N): Not really. My friend is going to be out of town in a couple weeks.

(Coworker): Oh, that sucks

(Y/N): Yeah, but she's doing it for work. She has an interview in Gotham.

(Coworker): She hiring her replacement or somethin'?

(Y/N): No, she works for the Planet. She's interviewing someone for an article.

(Coworker): Great for her! Tell her I said congrats.

(Y/N): If I remember to on the day, I will.

(Coworker): Sounds good. Hey, what's she like?

(Y/N): I mean, she's awesome. Y'know, we're best friends, so that probably says a lot.

(Coworker): Yeah, I bet.

(Y/N): Yeah. [Wait, do I like Kara?]

After that, (Y/N)'s coworker got up and left. He sat there for a few more minutes before getting back to his shift. Following that, however, he decided to call Kara on his walk home.

(Y/N): Hey, are you still working?

(Kara): Nope! Just got home, actually.

(Y/N): That's awesome! How was work today?

(Kara): Pretty good. It's kinda stressful, but it's a good job.

(Y/N): Yeah, I get that. Mine too.

(Kara): Yeah. So what did you call about?

(Y/N): Not much. I just wanted to talk, y'know?

(Kara): Yeah, I get that. I'm the same way sometimes.

(Y/N): Knowing you, that makes sense.

(Kara): Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

(Y/N): Nothing. I just kinda felt like you'd do that.

(Kara): Okay, that's fair.

(Y/N): Yeah. I'm really gonna miss you, though.

(Kara): Me too. It would be so much better with you there. Mostly because I probably won't have someone my age to talk to otherwise.

(Y/N): Yeah, I get that.

(Kara): I thought you would.

(Y/N): That checks out.

(Kara): Yeah. Oh, sorry, I have to go. My food is here.

(Y/N): Alright. I'll talk to 'ya later, Kara!

(Kara): Sounds good! Bye.

(Y/N): Bye.