Part 3: Movie Night

(Reporter): We're now reporting live from the heart of Metropolis, where Supergirl is currently engaged in a battle against Livewire. The cause of Livewire's attack is still unknown.

(Supergirl): Can we not do this now? I have other priorities in life than just fighting bad guys like you!

(Livewire): Oh yeah? And what would those be?

(Supergirl): None of your business! I just want to get this over with quickly.

(Livewire): Well, good luck trying to catch me.

Livewire fired electric blasts at Supergirl, but they were dodged with relative ease.

(Supergirl): Come on, just give up already.

(Livewire): You're gonna have to make me.

Supergirl then flew straight at Livewire before starting to throw punches. She was holding back from her full strength, but it was still enough force to hurt.

(Supergirl): THIS! ISN'T! PERSONAL!

After Livewire hit the ground, Supergirl didn't stick around. Partially because the villain disappeared into thin air and partially because Kara herself had a prior engagement. Following her battle with Livewire, Kara flew to her apartment, changed into her civilian clothes and went to her door to greet (Y/N).

(Kara): Hey (Y/N)! How 'ya doing?

(Y/N): Pretty good, how about you?

(Kara): A little tired, but good. You ready for the movie marathon of your life?

(Y/N): You bet I am! Hell, I even brought popcorn buckets.

(Kara): And that's why you're my best friend!

(Y/N): Wait, really?

(Kara): Duh. Who else would be?

(Y/N): Well, you got me there. Let's do this!

(Kara): Yeah!

Kara then let (Y/N) into her apartment. She showed him the kitchen, where he put the popcorn buckets, then the pair prepared their snacks for the day ahead of them. Kara also stocked up on enough soda to last the pair an entire weekend. (Y/N) then started up the streaming platform of choice and brought up the selection screen for the first movie.When the popcorn was done and seasoned to each person's liking, Kara joined him on the couch.

(Kara): You ready for this?

(Y/N): Are you?

(Kara): Yeah, I am!

(Y/N): Then let's start this thing!

[149 minutes later]

(Kara): How have I never seen this movie until now!? That was amazing!

(Y/N): I know, right? I told you it was fantastic!

(Kara): Every song is gonna be stuck in my head for the whole week.

(Y/N): Welcome to my world, Danvers.

(Kara): I'll be right back and then we'll do the second one, okay?

(Y/N): Sounds good! One quick thing. There's a few movies that happen between the second and third movies, but the third pretty much sums everything up.

(Kara): Gotcha! I'll be right back.

[137 minutes later]

(Kara): How was that one even better, (Y/N)?

(Y/N): I disagree, but it's still pretty amazing.

(Kara): Yeah! I didn't expect that plot twist with the main guy's dad either!

(Y/N): You didn't expect that the guy who was literally called a jackass to be a bad guy?

(Kara): In my defense, I didn't expect the other guy to have the best judgment after the first movie.

(Y/N): That's fair. But you were still crying when he died.

(Kara): How could I not!? He got redeemed!

(Y/N): I mean, yeah. I'd be lying if I said it doesn't get me every time.

(Kara): Exactly!

(Y/N): Alright, are you ready for the last one?

(Kara): Absolutely! I've really loved this so far.

(Y/N): Me too, Kara. I'm gonna go use the bathroom first, though.

(Kara): Sounds good. I'll be right here.

[149 minutes later]

(Kara): (holding back tears) Wow.

(Y/N): I know, right? I swear the director is a genius.

(Kara): I-I agree. How was there so much?

(Y/N): So much what?

(Kara): Everything. Like, how was it that funny, sad and intense at the same time?

(Y/N): Like I said, the director wrote all three movies. He knows what he's doing.

(Kara): You're telling me...

Just then, there was a knock at Kara's door. She got up to answer the door and from (Y/N)'s point of view, it was a pleasant surprise to her.

(Y/N): Hey, who's that?

(Kara): Oh! Sorry about that. (Y/N), this is my cousin Clark. Clark, this is (Y/N).

(Clark): Hi, it's nice to meet you. Kara's told me a lot about you.

(Y/N): It's nice to meet you too. Kara told me she moved to Metropolis because she has family here, so I assume that's you?

(Clark): In the flesh. I'm really glad you and Kara are friends. It's clear she values your friendship a lot.

(Y/N): Aww, really?

(Kara): Clark, shut up.

Clark walked over to Kara and gave her a hug.

(Clark): Sorry. I'm just messing with you.

(Kara): Yeah, I know.

(Clark): Anyways, I just decided to drop by because I was in the neighborhood. Lois and Jon are probably waiting for me. Have a nice night, you two.

(Kara): You too, cuz. Tell them I said hi!

(Clark): I will. It was nice meeting you, (Y/N).

(Y/N): You too.

After that, Clark left Kara's apartment, leaving the pair of her and (Y/N) alone. (Y/N) then looked at the clock on the end table, only to realize that it was a bit too late for walking home to be worth it.

(Kara): What's wrong?

(Y/N): Nothing. It's just a lot later than I thought it was.

(Kara): Yeah, I get it. You wanna stay the night? I have some extra pillows and blankets.

(Y/N): I mean, if you're okay with it.

(Kara): Why would I not be? I'm not about to let you walk all the way home this late. You'd probably collapse on your way there judging from how you look right now.

(Y/N) then looked at himself in a mirror in Kara's kitchen. She was right.

(Y/N): Okay, you win. I'm not letting you just grab everything, though.

(Kara): Deal.

And with that, Kara, as well as (Y/N), gathered everything he needed to sleep on the couch for the night.