chapter 17

Maverick and Joey were on the bridge on the super carrier heading back to Earth for resupply, also need of repairs to give the crew and top gun pilots some shoreleave from the war against the Republic.

Maverick: Can you tell me why we have to go on shore leave?

Joey:How many times do i have to tell you... You and the others need rest, and also, the fleet needs to be repaired from the battle we had against the Republican blockade...

Maverick: I know that, but what if the invasion needs more air support....

Joey:If they need more, then i will send more ships to help. Also, the world leaders have already sent the main fleet to help.

Maverick: But still..

Joey: Pete, everything is going to be fine... just do what you do when you had nothing to do when you were with the Republic.. 

Maverick: Well, i had a P-51 that used to fly.... until Krell found out and  destroyed it and told me that I shouldn't have an old plane that is garbage and that all pilots should be ready for  air combat... so I stayed at the bases that i was station and fly the tomcats..

Joey: Well, if you want, i will allow you to fly the F-24  back to Pearl if you want that?

Maverick: Yes, sir, I would, and can I have a P-51 if you do  have it so i can fix it?

Joey: I will take a look to see if i have one, but for now  have fun. That is an order..

Maverick: Yes, sir 

Then he leaves the bridge to the hanger

Joey: Ghost is ichika at Pearl yet?

Ghost: Not yet, sir , but she has the gift ready for Maverick.

Joey:Good. Tell her that maverick is about to head out..

Ghost: Yes, sir..

As Maverick went to the hanger to get the F-24 as he went he saw all the others and they were happy that they were going home and the see Pearl Harbor with all the new ships, aircraft and and battleships row because NATO decided to bring back the battleships back incase  if the republic, or anyone tries to invade earth again.

(Start at the beginning to the end, and there is no mission he is just bringing  lunch to head back to Pearl)

As Maverick was flying he saw an old carrier that was heading in to Pearl and it had all types of planes from ww2 and some F-14 then he was being contact by  the carrier.Then he remember that Joey told him that one of the old carriers were given to one of Aleena but he can't remember who..

Then he remember that Joey told him that one of the old carriers were given to one of Aleena but he can't remember who