Chapter 19

Maverick was with Joey talking about the republican fleet out there and that they needed to increase patrol.

Maverick: Joey I know that Krell is coming here and we should be ready.

Joey: I know and I already increased the patrol of all territory including their territory but that is not why I called you here.

Maverick: what is it?

Joey: I know that your grandfather has a few days to live and I am sorry. but if you need some time to spend time with him I understand

Maverick: thank you, sir. is there anything else?

Joey: no so when are you going to ask them the question?

Maverick: I planned to do it as my grandfather did, but Arizona or the Pacific fleet isn't here, so I will wait.

joey: do you have the rings?

Maverick: no not yet

Joey: and there is one more thing.....

Maverick: Yes?

Joey: My wife and I wanted you to be the godfather of our kids.

Maverick: are you sure you want me?

Joey: yes we talked about it we can't think of anyone else to take that title and also I think Aleena and Adindal want you to the the Godfather

Maverick: Hell yeah.. look I got to go I have to train the first group that is going to the new top gun academy.

Joey: well good luck and go easy on them I don't want to hear that some students pissed themselves on the first day of training.

Aleena was in her room meditating with Ichika, Adlinda, Angela, and Ashoka, and then they all had the same vision about a top gun pilot...

their visions

the republic tried to invade Earth again but failed all republic forces were defeated or surrendered to the C.I.S. and Joey saw one of the cruisers was heavily damaged from the battle and he saw some pilots were there protecting the ship so Joey called them.

Joey: let's head back Mave we have cruisers that we need to protect

As he was talking to Maverick, he didn't see Krells fight behind him

Maverick: Joey you got frog head behind you I am coming around to get a better shot.

Maverick turned around to get a better shot.

Joey: where I can't see him.

Krell: Die you Separatist scum.

Joey: Damn it I can't shake him maverick where are you I can use the help!!!

Maverick: I am heading right towards you...

As Maverick went in front of Joey and Krell. Maverick had a clear shot but Joey was in the way.

Maverick: I got him!! get out of my way!!

Joey: What the hell are you doing!!?!

Maverick: Dive right now.