Chapter 18

Vegas has seen a lot of scumbs over the years of working in the police. He's sure, there is a special category among them. He calls them bluff-catchers. Like in poker. They are difficult to be confused. They are great manipulators and will always find your weak spot to put pressure on it.

"So, Khun policeman, you are probably wondering why you are here and not at the court session?"

Vegas looks at him directly, but without audacity. He understands that it is stupid to heat up the degree of communication when you are alone and without weapons against a gang of scumbags. Therefore, he nods, silently continuing to monitor the situation.

"Any guesses?"

Vegas swallows and tries to move his legs tucked under him.

"No sudden movements, Khun policeman."

"My legs are numb and hurt. Can I get up?"

A smug laugh is heard in response:

"I would joke about the 'last wish', but I won't do it, you will still be useful to me."

Vegas knows. One of the signs of an affectation of kindness to you is a careless transition to a familiar treatment.

"Bring Khun policeman a chair and a glass of water."

What a bastard nobility. How could you not be torn apart.

Vegas does not refuse water. His hands, previously handcuffed, are now free, however, his wrists are threaded into bracelets, so the chain was simply cut. He drinks half a glass and, sitting on a chair, continues to look at his captor.

"So, to the point, Khun policeman. Your disguised puppet took something with him after our night meeting. Return it. And then maybe I won't make a lot of noise. And blood."

It's pointless to deny, it will make him more angry. Vegas shakes his head:

"I've spent a month under investigation."

"So?"

"How do I have access to such things?'

"Let's say your colleagues have it. For example," the man nods and an iPad appears in front of Vegas, "he does."

Vegas freezes: on the display, he sees Kinn relaxing in some nightclub. But to swallow and feel the blood rushing through his veins he is forced by a red dot sliding over the head and chest of the unsuspecting senior Lieutenant. He could spit out something like "do you even know who his father is?!" in the villain's face, but in his position this will only make the situation worse. Then the short videos swap each other, each with one of the few people close to him. At the last one, he sees Splinter, who, smiling, wipes his hands on his overalls - the boy has clearly just been messing with another pickup truck. When the red dot touches his forehead, Vegas, having lost control of himself, twitches, but he is firmly held by the shoulders and bent over with his face to his knees. Then he hears:

"Well, that outfit suits him. I'm used to boys dressed in a completely different way - well, you know yourself - but there has never been such an exotic thing in my bed before," loud laughter sounds here.

Vegas is grinding his teeth, his eyes are bloodshot:

"What do you want from me?"

"I have already voiced it. There is only one condition: my thing will be returned to me by the one who took it."

Hitherto bubbling blood is getting cold:

"I do not keep in touch with him. And even if I did, no one would give him anything. So - I'm useless to you. You can finish with me."