Chapter 4

Y/n: "L-leave me V"
She whimpered, I closed my eyes ready to press my lips on her glossy ones, until a liquid drop fell on my hand.

I opened my eyes and looked up just to see her crying. Realisation hit me as a truck, as I jolted away. I panicked, looking at her.

Tears made their way out of her eyes and my stomach churned. My hands started trembling as I feared to approach. Her lips quivering, as she covered herself with her hands.

I felt my heart drop into my stomach, my throat tightened.

'W-what was I supposed to do?'

I hated myself. Gulping down the lump formed in my throat, I stammered.

V: "Y-y/n.. hey.. I didn't mean to"
I whispered, but she sobbed out. I felt like a shit at the exact moment as I ruffled my hair in panic.

V: "See, d-don't cry please.. l-look at me, I'm not hurting you, okay? It-- It was all a joke, I-I was just kidding.."
I blurted out with a beating heart. My heart felt slightly relieved when she stopped sobbing, yet her cheeks were stained.

Y/n: "J-joke? Y-you were just kidding?"
She asked in a small voice. I stared at her with my glossy eyes.

V: "Y-yes. I thought of pranking you, I-I'm sorry I didn't know you would cry"
I said what I felt was right. I don't want her to distance herself from me.

I was selfish for some reason.

Y/n: "O-oh? I-I got so scared.. y-you act good enough, I thought.."
She laughed out softly before wiping off her tears.

I stared at her sadly.

Y/n: "I'm sorry, I-I overreacted even though I know you aren't a guy who would touch a girl without her consent, I-I forgot."

I shook my head guiltily.
"Don't say sorry, that's just-- just making me more guilty."
I held my head hung low.

Y/n: "Don't be. Just-- make sure you won't do this prank anymore. It c-creeped me out"
She said hesitantly, fidgeting with her fingers, nervously.

I sighed heavily, feeling guilty more than ever. I just wanted to cry out, seek for forgiveness even though she held no hint of anger or disappointment.

'Fuck you, V! You've disgraced yourself!'

I couldn't curse myself enough and I couldn't even tell her the truth.

"Hey! I got the book!!"
She announced, startling me.

V: "Good"

Y/n: "It's because of you, thank you."
I stared at her in disbelief. She's so special.

Time Skip.

V couldn't look at Y/n the same before. He despised himself to even think something like that and the moment she cried, he felt like dying.

"Hi!"
Taehyung yelled, grabbing their attention. He rushed towards them.

V glanced at Y/n who was smiling genuinely. His heart saddened looking at her smile, Taehyung actually gave her a reason to smile so happily and he just--

Taehyung: "Did you guys miss me?"
He asked smiling sheepishly.

Y/n: "Um probably, but I guess you're very late, I'm almost done with my report!"
Taehyung sat beside her. V was silently looking at the duo.

Taehyung: "Wow! That's cool. But who lend you the textbook?"
Taehyung asked softly.

Y/n: "Actually, I brought it from the record room"
Taehyung frowned.