Page 16; A paper

I was rushed to the hospital. I can't see them but I can hear their voice calling for me. Hoping that I am okay. After a few hours of waiting, I'm finally in a room. White, cold and medicine-like smell room.

"Eunchae-ah." I slowly look beside me. My mom. She must be really worried. She holds my had tight, not thinking of letting it go. She look at me. "I know there are a lot of question you want to ask but let's save it." She smile.

I do have a lot of question to ask. A lot. About those dreams; or should I call memories. I want to know but my energy is not enough to ask for today.

After waiting a few hours with frustated heart. Not getting a well sleep. Mom come and visit me again today. "You can ask me now." She said after putting some fruits and fresh flowers by the desk near the bed and settle herself down in a chair. "Did I.. involved in.. a plane crash?" I murmured the words soft under my breath, but loud enough for my mom to heard. She nodded weakly. As if the question has absorbed her energy.

"You did." She said. "You're going to Australia for an exchange student. But you ended up in a tragedy incident". She holds her breath before continuing. "It was terrible. I cried, mad, I called for your phone but you can't be reach no matter how hard I tried. It's useless".

"But after a couple of days, after day by day the research is ongoing, my phone rang. I answered and was told you was at a hospital. Saved. We rush there but you really hurt badly. But it's still a miracle you was able to survive that crash. However, the doctor told me you lost your memories and you are in a coma state". She sighed. I look at her soft. I don't know she face this that time.

"I thought 'It's a good thing she lost her memory'. I don't want you to remember such incident. You would be scare. Traumatised. Then I keep it to myself". She said sorry again and again. Chanting the words again and again. I rub my thumb against her hand soft. I plant a kiss and smile. "It's not your fault, mom." I gives her a hug. She cried. I know how hard for her to keep this for years. Everytime the flashback came, It scares her.

---

I go to school. Everything is normal here, as if there's no problem at all. Harmony. Peace. I walk to Got7 room, expecting Mark to be there. I knocked 3 times and wait. The door opened after a few minutes and revealed Mark. "I want to talk to you". I said looking at him.

He look at me curiously. But he let me in anyway. "What is it that you wanna talk about?" He pull a chair and let me sit on it, handling a cup of cocoa after. I stare at the cocoa while he pulled another chair and look at me. "You.. perhaps.. How long have you been here, in Seoul?"

He took a deep breath and leanes back to his chair. "I don't know. But I moved here when.. something happened". I look at him. His confused, hesitated face. "Do you mind telling me?" I asked after he shut his mouth for a few minutes. He moved forward, his elbow land on his knee and his finger intertwine with each other as he put it close to his mouth. "I lived in the state before. And I have this.. precious friend. Her name is Kim Eunjung. She's a precious person to me."

He took the cup and took a sip. I waited. "Then suddenly she told me she's going somewhere. Here, In Seoul. After a few days, she took the flight back to States."

"Then, what happened?"

He close his eyes. Then he slowly look at me. Locking his eyes to mine. "She faced a plane crash and.. died". I gasped. Plane crash? Is it the same plane as mine? "Do you remember what the date she took the plane?" I asked. He look for something at his desk and took out a tiny book. Leather cover.

He flipped to pages until he stopped at one page and read it out. "2 years ago. On february 22, 2013" He said. I repeated the date and look at him."It's.. after my birthday. My birthday is on february 21" I leaned back and exhaled. Crazy. What is happening here?

Mark as if he lost for words, like he was thinking. He said nothing. I walk back to class and repeated the date, repeated the person name that Mark mentioned. Kim Eunjung. Kim eunjung. Everything is so complicated.

I walk home fast. Escaping from meeting the boys. I reached home. I throw myseld to my bed and think. I was in my own world when mom called my name and asked me to take her purse in the closet in her room.

I opened the closet and search for the purse. Still thinking about the date, I reached for the purse and suddenly something fell off to the ground. I picked it up and was about to put it back when I saw my name on the paper.

I slowly, flip open the paper with care. I can't believe my eyes. "Eunchae? Are you okay?" I can heard mom's voice and her footsteps coming closer. I walk out from the room, holding that piece of paper. She asked whether I'm okay but stop half-way when she saw the paper I'm holding. "E-eunchae-ah.."

I look at her. "Mom.."