Page 21; Her Parents

Flying to the States took hours long. I thought I might spend my lifetime sitting in the plane and hurting my butt.

After such long hours of flight, We finally stepped on the airport ground of States. "Finally." I exhaled. Showing my relief as Mark is taking the luggage from the lines of luggages on the metal-like thing or whatever they called it is. Mark handed me my luggage as we proceed towards outside of airport, calling for a taxi to takes us there.

My twin sister's family.

The taxi driver; a Mr, asked us the location we're heading to. I take out a tiny piece of paper from my jeans pocket and gave it to him. He nodded slightly, saying that he knows the place and agreed to bring us there. I can't help looking outside of the window. Mark is on his phone, not on call but playing his phone.

"We're here." The taxi driver said as we reached a huge house with big gates. I paid the taxi driver, thanking him before he drove off from us. The house is unbelievably huge. I shouldn't called it a house when it's actually looks like a mansion. Thoughts filled my mind, several unanswered questions popped out out of nowhere. Wondering whether my twin sister family is actually a billionaire.

I was in my own thoughts when Mark snaps his fingers in front of my face and starts waving his hand. "Still alive yet?" I nodded.

My hands become sweaty. I can't stop my shaking hands. I'm obviously nervous and scared because who knows who's in the house? Mark noticed the uneasiness I felt, he patted my shoulder softly, encouraging me that everything is gonna be alright.

I took a deep breath, the gases exchange occur in my lungs and I wipe my sweaty hands on my jeans. Slowly I push the black square button and it rings. After a few moment of silence, a voice boomed the speaker from a black device. "Who's there?"

A female voice answered. I glanced at Mark over my shoulder. "I'm a friend of Kim Eunjung." I leaned in closer to the black device where the voice came out before I speak. The other line is silent. I started to feel panic, wondering whether they would let us in. Or maybe not. But yes, they did.

"Come." The woman from the other line said and the next moment, the huge silver gate that stand before us started making noises, it slowly open to half and letting us in. We proceed into the house, the land is full of trees and flowers planted in the soil and some of the pots.

I knocked on the door twice, resulting a woman in her twenties greeting us welcome. "Are you a friend of Miss Kim Eunjung?" She asked, politely. Bowing her head a bit low to meet my gaze. "Uh, yes. You can say that."

"Come in." She moved to the side, gesturing us to come inside the house. She closed the door shut and lead us through the huge entrance, the floor is shining clear I could see my own reflection on it. We've reached a room, with huge wooden door and she slowly opened it for us. "Please have a seat while I get the Mister."She said, bowing her head low like before.

I pulled my luggage into the room, which I found weird because I'm not a family member, the owner doesn't recognise me and I'm here with my luggage. The room is too big for me, enough for a 10 person to stay in. Mark wandered around the room, amazed. I bet it's his first time coming here too. I set my luggage near the wall and sit on the red, comfy single sofa.

"Mark, are we in a palace?" I started to questioned him. "Maybe." He replied, he put his luggage near mine and sits on the comfortable soft sofa. There's knocks on the door and revealed the young woman from before, and a guy in his late thirties coming into the room. The young woman excused herself before closing the door, leaving us here in silence.

"So, what's your name young lady?" He glanced at Mark. "Go eunchae." I replied. He froze and slowly turned to look at me. His eyes wide open, I thought it might popped out of its socket in any second. He stares at me without saying any words. "Uh, Mister? Are you okay-"

"Eunjung?" He called out Eunjung's name. I look at Mark in confusion, looking for ideas from Mark but it's pointless as Mark is wearing the same feeling as mine. "Uh, sorry. I'm Eunchae." I held both my hands in front, trying to shield myself in case anything happen. "Eunchae-?" He repeated my name as I nodded. His shining eyes lost its lights. His shocked expression goes back to a frown.

"Who are you?" He stare daggers at me, stabbing me like knives with his eyes. "I'm.. Go Eunchae. I'm here to ask whether Kim Eunjung has a twin."

"What business do you have with her?"

I lost for words for a while before replying, "I might be the twin sister of her." I explained. His face softens. He gestures us to take a sit and apologise for the rudenwss he showed. "You look alike to her so much." He smiles. I did the same, returning a smile. The wrinkles on his forehead showed the process of aging he's facing. His light brown hair slowly turned into white.

"Did Kim Eunjung has a twin?" I questioned him, he looks down on the ground. Not knowing how to answer my question. "Maybe she did."

"What do you mean?" Mark asked. "I don't know. I'm sorry I couldn't gives you much information about her twin sister." He glanced at me.

His wife came into the room after a knock was heard from outside twice. His wife shocked when she catched a glimpse of me, a person who looks alike to their daughter. But her husband explained that I am not Eunjung, she seems disappointed but she keeps her composure firm. They invited us to stay over the night, providing us shelter, clothes and food.

The maid in her early twenties prepared some new clothes for me. I told her it's okay, I brought my clothes along with me but she insisted on making me wear new clothes that was prepared. We have our dinner there, having some chats and the two husband and wife telling us stories about their beloved daughter.

They shed tears when they tell the moment when they heard their daughter died, I handed them some tissue. The dinner room filled with their silent cry and sob. The tears flowed down their cheeks like waterfall. I couldn't help myself but cry along.

I entered the room they told me to stay in, too huge for just one person. I can even roll on the floor. I sit on the fluffy bed, the spring make noises when I landed myself on the bed. Staring at the ceiling, my mind still has thirst for the informations. I heard knocks on my door as my mind wandered into the clouds. I quickly get up and reached the doorknob, opened the door to see the mother in her late thirties too, almost the same age as her husband standing in front of my door.

Holding something in her hand.

"Is there anything wrong?" I look at her. She lifted her face up to meet my gaze. "Eunjung.. before she died, she used to write book. I have no idea what she writes but I didn't bothered to ask her. But, after she was gone. I found this, on her desk." She handed me a book. Leather covered book with a word that was written in a calligraphy handwriting that says 'Diary' .

"Are you sure?" I glanced over the mother who looks so calm yet tired plastered across her face. She nodded. I take the book from her and there's a small memo attached on the surface of the book.

In a beautiful and tidy handwriting, there's written 'To my twin sister'.

She entrusted me the book before leaving me, saying good night to me and walked off to her room. I closed the door. I stare at the book that was on my hand. Do I have the authority to read this book? I slowly sit on the comfy bed, still holding the book that was given to me.

After fighting with my thoughts, I decided to open the book and read it. And it starts with the word,

"My beloved twin sister."