0.3

Me and Charles have been best friends for 7 years now, and we are inseparable

Me and Charles have been best friends for 7 years now, and we are inseparable. We have been there for each other in the darkest times. Like when Charles dad Hervé died. Charles was broken, but we got trough it together. I have always supported Charles. In f2, and now in f1. I was so proud of him when he signed for Ferrari in 2019. And he has also been there for me. Of course the night we met in Monaco. But also when I heard my little brother Sam heard he got cancer last year, and basically all the times my parents weren't there for me again. We both have been trough some tough times, mostly mentally, but we got each other so we'll be allright.

4 years ago I finished my study. I moved in with Charles, so we could keep seeing each other, and I could search for my own apartment. My parents didn't really care about me since my birth, so that was an extra reason to stay in Monaco with Charles. This week is the Monaco Grand Prix. Charles is really exited, so am I. I really hope this weekend Charles has some luck. He did not really have luck the last few years. Arthur, Charles his brother is also racing this weekend in f2. It will be his first time.

Charles and I are having lunch at a small café.

"Excuse me, could I take a photo with you?"

We turn around and see a girl around my age.

"Oh hi Isabella," the girl says.

Almost everyone knows about the friendship between me and Charles. I have been to almost all his races, so it isn't strange they know me. At first there were rumours that I was his girlfriend, and we got a lot of questions about it. But we made clear we are best friends. Charles has had a few girlfriends over the years, but I still would attend the races. I think his ex-girlfriends didn't like the idea of Charles having a girl best friend with him almost always. Same at my side. My ex-boyfriends absolutely didn't like the idea of a girlfriend with famous and rich boy best friend. So my relationships sadly didn't last long.

"Of course!" Charles says, and he takes a picture with the fan.

"Have a nice day, and succes with the race," the fan says. "Thank you!" Charles says, and the fan walks away.

Because it's his home race, there are a lot of fans of Charles, so almost every 15 minutes someone approaches us and asks for a picture or a signature. Charles try's to please everyone, but sometimes it's too much or he is in a hurry and he has to say no. Thankfully most of the fans respect that.

I smile at Charles. "Sorry we can't have lunch in peace," he says. I look at him "Charles you don't have to apologise. I am happy so much people support you," I say.

I pay for the lunch while Charles takes some more pictures with fans who spotted us.

When I'm done with taking pictures with fans I walk towards Isabella

When I'm done with taking pictures with fans I walk towards Isabella. "Is it okay to invite Lando, Alex, Lilly, George and Carmen over for dinner tonight?" I ask. "Of course! Love the idea." Isabella responds exited. I smile. "Okay I will text them when we are home." I say.

We walk to our apartment. We are living together for almost 4 years now. Isa is trying to find a apartment or studio, but that isn't easy in Monaco. But I'm not complaining, she is great company. She has been amazing for me. She got me trough some dark times.

When we arrive at our apartment I grab my phone to text the twitch quartet

Twitch quartet 👍🏻👾:

Charles🏎️:
Hello mates! What about dinner tonight at my place?"

Lando👶🏻:
Sure thing

Alex🐼:
Good plan, do I need to bring Lilly?

Charles🏎️:
Yeah Isa will be here as well

George👸🏼:
Me and Carmen are exited!

Lando👶🏻:
See you soon

________________

"Isa?"

"Yes Charles?"

"The boys are coming for dinner!"

I walk to the living room to see Isabella sitting on the couch.

"Can't wait. Are Lilly and Carmen coming as well?" she asks.

"Yes they will be here," I say

*

The 7 of us are sitting around the dining table, and we are talking about random stuff. Isa, Lilly and Carmen are talking about tickets for the eras tour or something, and me Lando, Alex and George are talking about the Monaco Grand Prix.

"The fans are absolutely crazy here," I say. "Isa and me are just sitting and eating some lunch, and suddenly there are like 5 girls approaching us. I love that they support me, but can't I just have lunch in peace?"

"I agree," George says. "Although it isn't my home race, there are a lot of fans who approach me as well."

"Same," Alex and Lando agree with me and George.

*

"It was good to see you guys again!" Carmen says.

"See you tomorrow for media day," I say.

"Bye!"

I close the door and turn around. Isabella is sitting on the couch scrolling through Instagram while listening to some music. I walk towards her.

"Are you okay?" I ask while I lay my hand on her shoulder and squeezing it softly.

"Yes I'm just really tired," she says.

"Do you want to watch a episode of friends?" I ask. "Or do you want to go head to bed?"

"Let's watch an episode of friends," she says and she removes her AirPods from her ears.

I walk around the couch and I sit next to her. She lays her head on my shoulder and snuggles into me. I lay my arm around her shoulder and pull her closer to me, while I put on an episode of friends.

Most of our nights are like this. Isabella gets tired really easily the last time, and I don't really know why. But I try my best to comfort her if she is tired and not in the mood to do anything.

We watch one episode of friends and then we head to bed.

*

AN: I hope you liked the first real chapter! The twitch quartet will be a big part of this book.
Hope you have a nice day

Love you!