0.5

Charles and I are on our way to the Belgium Grand Prix

Only one hour until we arrive in Belgium. I look next to me to see Charles sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. I smile at the sight of it. The past two races were pretty shit for Charles, so he is struggling with a lot. I carefully grab my book and read a little bit until I hear Charles waking up and looking around.

"Hello sleepyhead," I say. Charles looks at me and rolls his eyes. "How long until we arrive?" He asks.
"10 minutes."

A yawn escapes my mouth. "Have you slept well?" I ask.
"Yeah quite good actuallly." Charles responds.

*

The next morning is media day. It's raining, so I get my umbrella. Lily and I are having lunch together since Alex and Charles are on track, and Carmen stayed home. The walk to the cafe was short. I walk inside and close my umbrella.

"Hello what can i do for you?" A waiter asks. "My friend is here." I look around and see Lily sitting at a table and waving at me. I wave back. "Okay, I will be with you in a minute." The waiter gets my coat and umbrella. "Thank you." I smile at the waiter, and I walk towards Lily.

"Hey Isa! How are you doing?" Lily asks. I sit down. "Fine actually. Happy that there isn't a jet lag, how are you?" I smile. "Yeah I'm great."

"Hello do you want something to drink?" A waiter walks towards our table and asks us. "I would like a ginger ale please," I say and I look towards Lily and wait for her response. "For me a fresh mint tea."

Lily and I talk about everything that's going on the past few weeks and we enjoy our lunch. When were done we pay and thank the waiters.

"How's Charles?" Lily asks.

"Well he could've been better. The past two races were pretty shit to be honest, and he's just very disappointed with himself. But he's very motivated, so I think this weekend is going to be a good one." I say and I smile at Lily. We walk further, until we are at her hotel. "Well I'll see you tomorrow. Tell Charles I said hi!"

"Will do. See you tomorrow!" We wave at each other and our ways part.

When I open the door the hotel room I see Charles is already back from the track. He's sitting on the couch scrolling on his phone, but when he hears the door opening he looks up from his phone.

"Hey Char! How was today?" I ask while I remove my coat from my shoulders. "It's was fine. Not special except the run Pierre organised." He says while he puts his phone in his pocket. "How was your day with Lilly?" I let myself fall next to him on the couch. "Really fun. Good food and a good conversation." I look at Charles who's smiling at me. "Glad to hear you had a good time."

*

Friday. fp1 just ended, and Charles is busy with briefings, so is Alex, so I am walking around the paddock with Lilly. Then we see Charles and Alex who just finished the briefings, and are now searching for us. I wave so they notice us.