0.9

I wake up, and see Isa still sleeping next to me

I wake up, and see Isa still sleeping next to me. I quietly climb out of the bed, take a shower, and change into normal clothes. When I walk out of the bedroom, I see Isa woke up.

"Good morning," I say, while putting some clothes in my suitcase.
"Good morning," Isa says, while she puts on some socks.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask and Isa nods.
"Yeah, you?"
"Great."

I help Isa with packing her suitcase, and we check out, and get into the car again. Today we are going for a hike, and then tomorrow we're driving back to the airport to return home. Isa and I are talking about if there are more wheels or doors on earth. I think there are more wheels, but Isa thinks there are more doors.

"I mean, think about it Isa. You've seen the amount of tires at a Grand Prix. It's a lot."
"Yeah, but the motorhomes have a lot of doors too, and for example, a hospital doesn't have any wheels in it."
"Oh, so the beds float from room to room?"
"Does those wheels count as well?"
"Of course they do!"
"I'm still fully convinced there are more doors than wheels." Isa crosses her arms on her chest.
"Isa, Lego produces 381 million wheels per year. Give up already."
"You did research to win this argument?"
"You know me."
"OK you win. There are more wheels on earth than doors." Isa sighs and rolls her eyes. The sass.
"Thank you."

I park the car, we get out, and grab our hiking shoes out the boot. We sit down on a rock to change shoes, and we start our hike.

It's a beautiful hike on a cliff, with a view over the sea. We watch our eyes out. I look at Isa, who is also blown away by the beauty of the scenery. We climb further. We are almost alone, except for a little family of three: A dad, mum and a child of the age of 1 I'm guessing. The Dad is carrying the child on his back.

We reach the top off the cliff. The view is amazing. We sit down on a rock, and take in the view, while both eating an apple.

"Oh my god! Charles look!" Isa leans into me and points at something in the sea. I follow her finger and I see dolphins jumping out of the water.

"No way! That's so cool!" We watch the dolphins jump out of the water and dive in again. When they disappear out of our sight, we agree to walk back to the car.

We're walking down a sandy path. The sun is burning on my skin. We forgot to bring sunscreen in our rug sack, so we are going to regret that later today. I'm walking in front of Isa. Every 5 minutes I check if she's still walking behind me. The path gets less steep, and less narrow. We can see our car appearing beneath us. I slow down a bit, so Isa can walk next to me.

"Charles, you look like a tomato," she say, and I look at my arms. They are very red.
"Why do I burn that fast?"

Isa laughs. I look at her. It looks like she only got tanned, instead of transforming into a walking tomato.

"It was a fun hike," Isa says, and I nod in agreement. "Yeah amazing views."

We arrive at our car, and I unlock it. Isa puts the rug sack in the trunk, and grabs something out her suitcase. I'm already behind the steering wheel. Isa walks to my side.