0.7

I wake up of the sound of people on the street

I wake up of the sound of people on the street. I rub my eyes, and I look next to me. I see Isa still sleeping peacefully, with her cheek smushed up against her pillow. I silently get out of bed, and walk towards the window, to slightly open the curtain, to look at the beautiful view over the lake. I close the curtains again to allow Isa to sleep in. It's Tuesday, which means we have 6 days of our vacation left.

When I get downstairs, I see Lando and Alex already awake, playing Stumble Guys. "Good morning guys," I say, walking to the kitchen sink to splash some water in my face.

"NOOOO," Lando screams, and Alex is laughing. "Lando! Can you be silent for once, there are still people sleeping," I say. "Yeah, sorry," Lando says.

I walk towards the two of them, and I let myself fall on the couch. "Did you sleep well?" Alex asks. I nod. "Yeah you?"
"Fine," he replies. We play one round of fall guys, and then we prepare breakfast. Carmen and Lilly also woke up, but George and Isabella are still asleep. When we are done making breakfast, Carmen walks to the stairs. "I'll wake George up," she says.

"I guess I'll wake Isa up," I say, following Carmen. When I'm upstairs, I open the door to our room. "Isa, breakfast is ready," I walk towards the window to open the curtains, allowing sunlight to come in.

"Ugh....."

"I know Isa, but I made you a cappuccino, so you'll wake up." I say, and Isa sits up and stretches her arms. "Thank you Char"

*

Isa and I are working out in the small gym in the village. We always work out together. I don't need to do my full workout, because it's summer break, so I'm taking it easy. When we are halfway, Lando joins us. We finish the workout, and we all walk to our house again. It's a 5 minute walk, from the gym to the house. Today we didn't do much. Alex and Lilly are making dinner, and George and Carmen are swimming. Tomorrow we'll rent a boat and spend a day on the lake, and on Thursday we are hiking through the mountains. Then Friday and Saturday we don't have anything planned, and Sunday we go cycling through the mountains. Monday we are driving to the airport again, where the others go their own ways, and me and Isa are flying to another city, and from there we are going on our road trip.

Lando, me and Isa all take a shower, and then we have dinner. Alex and Lilly made a chicken salad and it's delicious.

"Where did you two learn to cook?" Isa asks. "I got this recipe from my mom, so thank her," Lilly says. Lando swallows his chicken. "I would burn the whole kitchen down"

We all laugh, because it's true. Last years vacation, he was baking potatoes, and they all burned.
"Charles can't cook either," Carmen says, what is also true. "Especially pasta," Isa says, and I remember the time I cooked pasta pesto, but the pasta was a little crunchy.

We talk about food, and suddenly Alex mentions French food. I quickly look at Isa. She's looking at me to and giving me a "don't you dare" look. I struggle with holding in my laugh, but I can't hold it anymore. I burst into laughing, and everyone is looking at me confused, except Isa, who is trying to hold in her laugh too, which she fails. Isa and I are now crying laughing.