1.2

I'm back! Sorry it took a little longer, I was busy with school, and I had writer's block, but here I am!

TW: panic attack. If this triggers you, I would suggest to skip this chapter. ❤️

Las Vegas baby.

It's the Las Vegas race weekend, and the opening ceremony will start in five minutes. Personally, I don't really like race weekends that become a whole show, but it's okay. Carlos and I step into the elevator that will bring us to the top of our 'stage'. 30 minutes of singing Americans has just ended, and I hear the commentator announce the first teams.

"And the Ferrari team, Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz!"

We get lifted up, and a huge grandstand full of people appears in front of us. We wave at all the people and disappear into the stage again. It wasn't more than 10 seconds

"Well that was such a life-changing experience," Carlos mumbles, and I laugh at his sarcasm. Every driver has their thoughts about this Grand Prix. I think it's a bit too much of a show.

As I walked back to the Ferarri hospitality, I saw a familiar face standing in front of the Williams building, talking to Alex.

"Isa!" I exclaim, and Isabella turns her head to see who shouted her name. When she sees me her face lit up. Isa and I had to take different planes because she needed to stay in Monaco for a bit longer, to go to her first 'talk' with her therapist.

I wrap Isa in a hug. Alex smiles looking at us.

"How did it go?" I ask while I let go of the hug.

"Amazing, she's such a nice person, and I felt much better after," she says, and I smile, happy that it seems to help. "How were  the Hunger Games?" Isa smirks at me and I roll my eyes. "Absolutely incredible," I return with a sarcastic tone, and Isa laughs.

"I'm happy you're here again Isa," I lay my arm around her shoulder and pull her closer to me. "I'm happy to be here Char," she responds, and I hear in her voice she's smiling.

"Guys I'm third wheeling here," Alex points out, and I chuckle. "Karma for letting Lily third wheel when George and you are acting like a couple," I also point out, and Alex flips me off.

It's nice that things are turning normal again.

"How do you feel about the rest of the weekend?" I ask Alex and he shrugs. "We think the pace will be decent, but we'll see in the practice sessions."

We talked for some minutes, until Isa and I decided it was a good idea to head back to the hotel. We walked past the Ferrari hospitality, and we said hi to a couple of engineers who were also leaving the paddock. They were happy to see Isa again. The drive back to the hotel was quiet, we were just enjoying each other's company while listening to our playlist. We couldn't do that for a long time, so it felt amazing.