STARTING THE HUNT

The sky was cloudy, and the wind has a sense of coolness. It was a clear sign of thunder storm. As a hunter, Bruce knew the pros and cons of thunder in the woods. The camp was built around a big tree, which gave support and protection from the natural elements. Bruce was sitting tying his laces, his gun was laying next to him. He was reluctant to start the hunt. It was quite clear from the sky that the rain god was happy with the woods and he would start his blessing to the children of the woods as rain.

He burnt the mini gas stove and put some jasmine tea leaves in the boiling water. He didn't want to take the attention of any ranger by seeing the camp fire. He put the tea in a wooden glass that he carved himself last time with his Gerber knife. He saw a mouse come close to the bags. He threw some peanuts toward it. The mouse ran away but after some time it came back and ate the peanut. He took the photo of the map because he didn't want to take the risk of a taking map in a rainy time. He marked the place on his phone's GPS.

In the meantime, when Bruce was ready to begin his hunt, it attracted a rattlesnake to the site. The snake was following the scent of a rat that actually came into the camp because of the leftover. Bruce was fully unaware of the presence of this predator. The snake was coming close to the mouse and it was very close to the legs of bruce, so close to killing him with just one bite in this wilderness.

Bruce put his hand in the pocket and threw it towards the mouse. But before the mouse held it. The rattlesnake attacked the mouse with a flash. This scene happened within the blink of an eye. Before bruce could understand the mouse was bitten by the deadly predator and venom was already inside it. Bruce was just still in his seat. All this thing happened just before few meters away from him. He wanted to help the mouse but it was all in vain now. He knew that this was nature and he had no right to intervene in the balance of nature. He just clearly watched the snake who followed the scent of the bitted mouse and disappeared in the bushes.

He held his gun and moved towards the stream, which was marked by Robert's friend as a natural habitat of pronghorn.