𝟣.𝟢𝟣: 𝒦𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓁'𝓈 𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

 It has been years since they last saw each other. Kristel left college with a Journalism Degree. She used to work for a big company in New York. Yet, for ███████ reasons, she moved to Thneedville. She rode a taxi to Thneedville, while all her luggage was in the trunk. She looked at the view and the lack of trees.

˚┊❛ Kristel's POV❜┊˚

 I looked at the view, seeing the lack of lush and trees. But who would mind? I lived in a big city. There were rarely any trees there, so why bother about the lack of trees here? I looked at the front windscreen of the taxi. "Welcome to Thneedville" A billboard read.

 I finally went to my designated place. I gave the taxi driver a 10-dollar tip and grabbed my luggage. I entered the building, trying to find my new apartment. I stopped at the apartment numbered 222. I unlocked the door and saw a regular undecorated apartment. I blink twice, "Why am I surprised?" I made a tired sigh.

 I walked inside my apartment, placing my bags on the floor. The apartment was small, you could see the bed just by entering. I instantly lay down on the bed and groaned. I look back at my luggage. I stood up and I heard my back crack. "Ow..." I rubbed my back. I started unpacking and decorating this plain apartment.

 I finished after hours of work. I looked outside the window. "How many hours did it take to clean this place?" I sighed tiredly. The sky was dark, moonlight lit the room. I looked at the bed, walking towards it. Then I fell on the bed. My face fell flat on the pillow. I rolled in the bed and looked at the ceiling. Then I slowly drift to sleep.

 I woke up at the sounds of clacking. "This is what happens when you rent a cheap apartment, Kristel," She thought to herself and groaned. I looked around, as I try to determine where the noise was coming from. I stood up and went to the kitchen. It's the fridge that's making those noises.

 I looked at the back of the fridge. The fridge doesn't seem to have any problems. "No, that can't be. I can hear the noise coming from here" I thought. I slowly opened the fridge and... I scream.

 There's a lot of animals inside the fridge. Swomees, Barbaloots, and Humming Fish. However, there was one that stands out. It was a small orange animal with a big yellow moustache and eyebrows. "Greetings! I'm the Lorax, I speak for the trees-" I clenched my fist at this so-called "Lorax", then sighed. The other animals inside my fridge flinched except for the moustache. "No need to get hasty now, especially not in front of the children." A Barbaloot hid the eyes of a smaller Barbaloot, who seemed to be excited for the fistfight.

 "I... W-why? H-how? Huh?" I stuttered. "I shouldn't have bought a cheap apartment" I sigh. "It's the first night, and I already have something to complain about" I groaned in annoyance, "I thought going to Thneedville would give me a break from my job. Guess I can't escape my duties" The orange critter raised an eyebrow, "Oh, sorry, I was talking aloud was I?" She sighs.

 "Well, this was a terrible first impression." The Lorax sighs, and he offers me a handshake. "Well, let's try again. I'm the Lorax and I speak for the trees" he exclaimed proudly. I looked at his little orange hands. I gave him a handshake with only my finger. "Yeah... Ok, I'm someone you'll never see again. Get out, now."

 "Hey... We all just met. Maybe we could all have an agreement-" I crossed my arms, "I don't see you paying rent, do you?" "Come on, look at these wonderful poor little creatures" The Lorax pointed at the animals. They were giving their best puppy dog eyes. I felt bad instantly. "I... alright fine. But care to explain why you all are here?"

 "These little puppies need somewhere to stay" He patted a little Barbaloot, "And well, this apartment has been vacant for years until you came. Just let them stay for a couple of days" I sigh. "Alright, fine. Just... Just a couple of days." The animals inside the fridge rushed out in excitement. The Barbaloots started to jump on the bed, the Swammies used my printed documents as their nest, and the Humming Fish started to swim on my sink.

 "Yeah... Just a couple of days..."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘