𝟣.𝟢𝟩: 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒, 𝒮𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓉

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The next stop is the fancy restaurant. To put him to the test, to see if he has changed for the worse. Is he the Once-Ler Kristel used to adore?

She waited in line, but the Once-Ler obliged. "Kris, What are you doing?" He laughed, "Waiting in line..?" She raised an eyebrow. He looked shocked at the moment. Did she think they had to wait in line? He was the all-mighty Once-Ler! He doesn't need to wait in line, so does Kris. "You didn't mean that right?" He chuckled once more. She looked confused, tilting her head. He sighed, "Oh... Kris, you're such a dunce." He pats her back unexpectedly. "The dearest Once-Ler doesn't need to go in line! I'm the most important guy in this town for god's sake! I don't need to fall in line, so do you." He clutched her hand, running through the line. The people on the line groaned. "Ignore them, they just can't understand my greatness." He spoke cockily. They both got in front of the line, the people on their back whined and groaned.

She couldn't help but look back, staring at the people in the line. She hears them whisper about him and the article, saying maybe that the article was right, but it's all just maybe. The other whispers were questioning who she was, and why was she with him. They'd never seen her near him before. She ignores the mumbles, at least she knows now that the people of Thneedville have at the minimum read the article. On the other side, she could hear the Once-Ler order the most expensive food for both of them. He didn't even ask what she wanted, but she digressed. She's hungry, she'll eat a whole horse if she had to.

She stares at him with concern, "Are you sure you'll pay for all of that?" He giggled, "You're looking at the CEO of ThneedCo! Of course, I'll pay." She sighed, making him raise an eyebrow. "What? The man always pays for the first date, right? Be thankful here, Kris." She rubbed her eyes, she was very tired. "I apologize then." He raised an eyebrow. "Why are you so uptight?" He squints his eyes, curious as to what happened during their long gap of no contact. She just shrugs.

The People on their backs were more confused. Why was the Once-Ler hanging out with such a lazy, unappreciative woman? Little did they know, she thought.

The waiter leads them to their seats. The waiter then opened her seat first before them. They sat down, staring at each other awkwardly. She looked away, staring at the people around them. She listened to the jazz music in the background.

The Once-Ler attempts to make small talk. "So..." He looks down, trying to think of a subject. "How's life? What do you do for a living?" She gulped. She thinks for a second. She can't tell if she works as a journalist. She sighs and says, "I'm a writer." It was technically true. She has written for a radio station. He doesn't seem surprised. "Ohh, Krissy still owns a diary I see!" He joked. She made a small smile, something he hadn't seen for the whole day. "And are you still a mama's boy?" She laughed. He got slightly offended. "For your information, my mother will always be better than your parents." Her eyes widened at the sudden comment. She looks at him seriously.

He realized he'd messed up. "Sorry..." He was not great at socializing, even with all his money. "It's fine..." He was surprised, she had always been so anger-driven before. There was another awkward silence between them.