𝟤.𝟢7: 𝒜 𝑔𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

After the initial meeting of the two women, Kristel invited Once-Ler's secretary back to her apartment. A change of pace, where rumors give opportunity for the poor secretary.

Lorax is staring at the woman, whom he recognizes as Once-Ler's secretary. The two are having an awkward staring contest. The Lorax stares and examines Ms. Anderson, while Ms. Anderson tries to keep eye contact.

While that goes on, Kristel is making coffee for herself and her. "Ms. Rosabelle, do you want decaf or caffeinated coffee?" She asks while she is in the kitchen. "A-anything Ms. █████" Kristel sighs but doesn't bother to correct her. "So formal, aren't you?" Kristel chuckled, teasing Rosabelle. Ms. Anderson blushed.

˚┊❛ The Lorax's POV❜┊˚

My acquaintance, Kristel came back with a pot filled with coffee and two tea cups. Rosabelle is surprised at how expensive and fancy the cups look, despite the small apartment. "Cheers for a greeting. Lorax meets Rosabelle. Rosabelle, meet-" I stopped her from uttering further, "No need to introduce us, Kris-berry." I said sternly, "I thought you'd never tell anyone about our secret!" I pointed at Kristel, "This has completely ruined my trust in you."

Kristel groans, "I didn't tell her, she just knew. m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶m̶a̶y̶." I asked Ms. Anderson, "Why are you here?! Aren't you supposed to kiss your boss' feet?" Kristel's eyes widened. "Woah, that's completely inappropriate!" I frowned then whispered in Kristel's ear, "You don't understand. His employees are all over him. I don't understand why!"

Ms. Anderson coughed. "I'm s-still here." Kristel and I looked at her. I calm myself down. "Let me ask again, why are you here?" Rosabelle then answered, "Well, I saw y-you and Kristel while I was in the s-supermarket and-" I shouted, "I knew you were familiar!"

Kristel looks at me confused. "Sorry, sorry, please continue." I sat back down on my stool. She sighs, "Okay, erm... And I saw Kristel hanging out with my boss, so I grew suspicious. I may have stalked her home." Kristel looks wary and surprised. Anderson shook her hand. "Wait, I just wanted to ask questions! That's all!"

Kristel looked at me and then said, "Long story short, she wants to join our cause..." I light up in shock and joy. "Really?!" I stopped and looked away, catching my composure. "Really? You do want to join? You'd give up your job even?" She nodded confidently.