𝟣.𝟢𝟤: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

 Days have gone by. She doesn't bother that much that others are living with her. Yes, she is getting a lot of noise complaints, but the little critters are great company for once. She was walking outside the apartment with Pipsqueak inside her pouch. The air was filled with smog. She had to wear a mask outside, and the people gave her weird looks.

˚┊❛ Kristel's POV❜┊˚

 "Smog is just the worst, isn't it, Pipsqueak" I chuckled softly. Pipsqueak sneezed in response. I continued walking on the sidewalk. I noticed the people giving me bad looks. It's odd, they all have some pink accessories. It looks soft. Pipsqueak looked like it had seen a ghost. "Pip? Are you okay?" Pipsqueak pointed at the pink scarf, "Huh? You want one?" Pipsqueak shakes its head. I couldn't understand it, so I assumed it wanted one. "Yeah, maybe we could get one."

 I continued walking on the sidewalk. I stumbled upon a poster about the pink scarf I just talked about. The man on the poster looks familiar. I grabbed the poster. "They're called Thneeds, huh..." Pipsqueak looks sad. "Don't worry, Pip, I'll buy one for you" I gave it a little pat.

 I followed along the sidewalk, looking for a Thneed Store. Then I came across one. I entered the store, feeling the cold air in my skin. There were a lot of people buying Thneeds. But not just one or two thneeds, but multiple. Is there that much hype around it?

 I looked around for an employee, so I could ask what the Thneed was all about. "Hello, Ma'am!" A stranger said. I quickly turned around. How convenient, it's an employee. I looked at his name tag. "Oh, hello Sir... Anthony, is it?" Anthony nodded once, "Yes, Ma'am. So, do you need help with anything Ma'am?" He tilted his head. "I.. yes I do... could you perhaps tell me about what's the hype all about these" I pointed at a Thneed.

 Anthony looks confused. There was a short awkward silence. "Sorry, I just moved to Thneedville. So this is a bit of a cultural shock for me" She chuckled awkwardly. Anthony's face lights up. "Well then, I could gladly introduce it to you."

 Anthony grabs a Thneed on the shelf and starts to fold it in various ways. He folds it like an umbrella, a handbag, a shirt, a skirt... And so I thought to myself, "So that's why there's hype around it. It's a miracle product!" I was impressed. "Huh. So, that's why" I chuckled. I looked at the price. It was 3.98. It was pretty cheap for this kind of product. "Well, Sir. Anthony, I would gladly purchase one of these Thneeds, thank you" I smiled. "But why buy one when you could buy two or maybe more?" I looked at my pocket and saw that I only had 5 dollars at hand. "No, just one for now" I chuckled awkwardly, "But you'd be sure I'd be coming back for more" I gave my money to the salesman.

 I exited the store and walked back to my apartment. I was humming a tune until I reached my home. I opened the door and was greeted by the Lorax. "Hey, Kris-berry, the" He looks at the Thneed. "Where did you get that?" "Mhm? This thing?" I grabbed the Thneed, "Do you want it?" "Indeed I do" The Lorax grabbed the Thneed and threw it out of the window. "What- hey! I bought that with my own hard-earned money!" "Well, you shouldn't have bought it in the first place!" The Lorax exclaimed. "Well, in your information, Pipsqueak wanted me to buy it. Speaking of which" I looked at my bag, to see Pip gone. "Oh no." I sweat "Oh no, what?"