𝟣.𝟢𝟦: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

˚┊❛ Lorax's POV❜┊˚

After a nice rest inside the small cold fridge, I left the refrigerator. I saw Kristel already working at her desk. She's hardworking, like the Once-Ler I knew. I hope she doesn't end up like him.

Her pin board was filled with pictures and red string. Most of the pictures were of a little boy and a girl. I uttered, "Kris-Berry? What are you doing?" She quickly turned around. "Ah, Lorax! Just the pumpkin I need" She greeted me with open arms. "Come, sit down." She patted the edge of her desk.

I hopped on top of her desk. "You haven't answered my question yet." I sighed and asked again, "What are you doing?" "I think I know how to help this crisis of yours." I raised an eyebrow, "And how?"

"I happen to be one of The Once-Ler's... old friends." I looked shocked, she was working with the Once-Ler! At Least she now could tell the consequences of his actions, but it still felt like a stab in the back. "I know what you may be thinking" She reassured me. "Please, elaborate." I sighed "Well, Once-Ler and I used to be High School Friends." She pointed at a picture of the two children. Now this was a surprising twist. "We haven't talked much since I moved to college. But I feel like I could still break his walls." She said confidently. "It may take a lot, but I'm sure of it."

I looked at the pictures on the wall. One of the pictures was of them watching the sunset. Then there was one where the Once-ler was teaching her guitar, but backfiring as she was about to break his guitar. 

There was another where she was with her family. The photo is cut off, so you could only see her face. Her childhood home was luxurious, guess she was born rich. I grabbed the photo and asked, "How come you bought a cheap apartment when you are posh?" She sighed, "It's hard to explain. My family is a bit of a cheapskate, I guess." I grow more confused, but decided to stop entertain the subject.

"As of my plan..." She placed a stack of paper on her desk. "If we could get the public on our side, he'll surely come around!" I grabbed one of the documents, it was handwritten impressively. I was awestruck. "What do you think?" "This might get risky, but if you think that this might work. Then I'm in." I offered a handshake. She fumbled with her hands, due to my furry hands being small. So she decided to use her finger to shake my hand. "It's funny to think that I came here to escape my job. But I guess you can never really escape your responsibilities." She giggled at the irony. "At Least you're doing your job at a good cost" I laughed with her.

"Though, I need your help" I raised an eyebrow. "I need vital information. I need a list of wrongdoings with important notes and pictures. If you could-" "Whatever it takes, Kris-berry." I gave a warm smile, "Thank you." I said with sincerity. She nodded once, "I'm only doing what I do best."