𝟣.𝟢𝟫: 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑜𝓃.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

˚┊❛ July 22, 19██❜┊˚

"Papa!" She enthusiastically greeted her father. "My darling." Her father gave her a tight hug. "Welcome back home, my daughter." He said in a calm tone. "Happy to be here, Pa!" She chuckled.

Her father offered her a hand. She gladly took his hand and smiled. She noticed new things in the mansion. The home, filled with decor, turned into a minimalistic decor. She wasn't fond of minimalism, but she digressed.

They entered his office, filled with the decor she used to see. She was surprised. Why change the whole home, if he wasn't going to change his office? "This, my darling, is where you'll be working..." Her eyes widened. She's going to work in her father's office?! She looked around eagerly, touching the antique decor. And for once, her father didn't stop her.

She spins the antique globe.

˚┊❛ September 22, 19██❜┊˚

She couldn't sleep. There was a party beneath her room. Her father wanted her to join, but she declined. Her father wasn't much of a pushover and let it slide. She grabbed a small box, inside were two earplugs. She placed the two in her ears, yet she could still hear the sounds of chattering.

She sighed and got up. She walked around the minimalist hallway. She hears the sounds of feet tapping on the floor on what seems to be jazz music. She opens the door to the living room.

There were a lot of people dressed up in fancy clothes, meanwhile, she was in a sleeping gown. A hand suddenly touched her shoulder. She flinched and looked behind, it was her father.

"My darling, what took you up? I thought you were sleeping?" He chuckled. "Sorry papa, the sounds of dancing woke me up." She sighed tiredly. "Ah, my apologies for the noise, my child." He said in a sorry yet playful tone "Well, since you're up my darling. Why not join the party?" He suggested. "The baker I've hired made some delicious preserves." Kristel smiled. "I'd love that, papa. Thank you." "With pleasure, my darling."

She walked down to the delicacies, wanting to try out all the desserts she could eat. There were macaroons, pudding, souffle, and her favorite, French toast. It reminded her of the Once-Ler's favorite breakfast food, pancakes. French toast was just crunchier.

A young man approached her. He was about her age. "Kristel Smith was it?" He said in a Western Europe accent. He offered a handshake to Miss Kris, and so she gave him one. "Yes, and you?" He stood up straight, ready to introduce himself. "Leo Gabriel, Mister Gabriel, Madam." He bowed. She giggled at his formality.