𝟣.𝟢𝟪: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝓁𝒾𝓈𝓈.

(Author's note: The dates reflect Kristel and the Once-Ler's age. Ex. July 8 = 8 years old.)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

˚┊❛July 8, 19██❜┊˚

Kristel was watching the kids play outside her window, as her father worked on his desk. She seems to notice that none, no kid or person, who is not a Smith, ever lands foot on the premises. They all seemed scared... "Papa?" She interrupted his work, but he didn't seem to mind. "Yes, my darling?" He raises an eyebrow, but it is not seen as his fedora hides his facial features. "Why won't anyone come out and play with me?" She sighs.

He approached her and patted her shoulder, "Because the people beneath us are weak, my darling."

"How so, Pa?" She asked with innocence and curiosity shaped in her little mind.

"They have not tasted the greatness of power and success. We are above all." He said arrogantly. She took her father's word for granted, he is a lawyer after all. Why shouldn't he be right when the law is in your hands? "Now come along dearie, there is work to be done." She nodded eagerly and sat on his desk, next to his antique globe. She watched as his father wrote his documents with paper and a pen.

˚┊❛September 12, 19██❜┊˚

"C'mon C!" She shouted. She continued running to Mr. Smith's mansion. "I don't think this is a good idea, Kris..." He said anxiously. "It's fine," She whined. "C'mon, let's go!" She ran, "Could you at least run slower?" He huffed. She stops running and taps her foot on the dirt on the ground. "Could you stop being a baby?" She grows impatient. He rolled his eyes and reached her. She offered her hand, and then she ran with his hand on hers. He was stumbling at every step she made.

They reached the big wooden door. She looked at him, insisting that he knock. "W-what?! Why me?!" He shivers. "It'll be fine" She pats his back. "If it was, then you knock!" He pouts, "but where's the fun with that?" She groaned. They both argued until someone opened the door.

The man on the other side of the door looked angry. "What made you come to my mansion, young lad? Don't you know I'm busy?" He seems strict. The Once-Ler looked at the man, he looked like Mr. Smith. "M-mister Smith!" He said anxiously, he looked around seeing Kristel was not beside him. He knew he shouldn't have trusted someone he just met a few weeks ago and now he's stuck in this mess. "Well, boy?" The Once-Ler was sweating. "I... Um... My friend... uh..."

"Hi, Pa!" Kristel surprised them both by jumping out of a bush. The Once-Ler flinched, looking at her in confusion. "Pa..?" Mr. Smith picked up Kristel and laughed, "Ah, dearie, welcome back home." He placed her on his shoulder. The Once-Ler felt so confused. "This is the boy I was talking about, Pa!" She pointed at the Once-Ler. "Ah, I see..." Mr. Smith offered a handshake to the boy. He stared at the hand with confusion but decided to give Mr. Smith a handshake.