Broken glass - In the darkness

...15 minutes later...

...Away from the crashed ship...

"Sending 10 of us on a dead man's mission with a complete crowd of strangers is the most irrational decision the Captain has ever made," Simon complains, shaking his head at the back of the group.

"You can say that again," Xackery said.

Xackery and Simon are lagging behind the group.

Let's take a good view of the scene from above.

Now we are above the fifteen members. In the front row of seats sat Loki, Tommy,Janet, and Clark. At the back seat row to the right hand side sat Foster. Walking alongside Foster's side is Foreman. In front of Foreman is Robin and across from Robin is Paul. Sitting alongside Foster is Megan and Tara. In the lead at the front side of the sled is Robin and Paul. The other two men being Charlice and Lane are at the back while Xackery and Simon are at the way back.

Jenny is stationed at the machine gun.

Now the light glowing off the sled is big enough for Simon and Xackery to be lagging at the back where darkness is inches away from their boots. We have now taken head count and given a clear picture where everyone is for the scene to continue unfolding.

Our scene lowers down back into typical view.

"Oh and the spoiled momma's boy isn't being left out," Simon said. Xackery's gray claws bend into fists. "About time."

"I am not a spoiled man," Xackery said.

"You act so spoiled it isn't even funny, Xackery," Simon said. "Your momma must be disappointed how her pretty boy turned out."

"Don't talk about my mother that way," Xackery said.

"Hah, I have freedom of speech!" Simon brags. "I can say whatever the world pleases me."

"Not if I stitch your mouth up," Xackery said.

"You can't," Simon said. "You have claws."

"My mother is a seamstress," Xackery said, clicking his two claws along each other. "She taught me how to carefully move thread with my claws."

Simon frowns.

"A seamstress?" Simon said. "Really?"

"Really," Xackery said.

Simon studies Xackery for awhile.

"No wonder you have claws instead of fingers," Simon said. "Your mother was a poor lower class civilian and didn't have the credits to pay for the operation." A light brightens in his eyes. "The scar on your face is from childhood, easily healed with the right machinery after it happens."

"Don't say what I think you are going to say," Xackery said.

"No wonder your face is not smooth as the others," Simon said. "Your family couldn't afford it."

How dare he say that?, Xackery thought burning anger, How dare he.

Xackery looks over towards the other distracted cadets walking further ahead. Perfect timing, Xackery thought. Jenny is sitting on a small stool facing towards the front. Xackery turns his attention back towards Simon. There is one thing Xackery can not tolerate; insulting his family.

"I change my mind about stitching your mouth," Xackery said, in a low voice. "I have something else in mind."

"Oh," Simon said, with a low laugh. "And what might it be?"

Xackery grabs the gun out of Simon's hands and then tosses Simon into the darkness.