The group is silent, at first

The next day the gang is at the table without a fail. Well the only member missing is Loki, strangely. Clark,Janet,Tom, and Foster are silent. Clark and Tom are drinking coffee. Janet and Foster seem to be a little shaken with their eyes focused on the table. Foster has her dirty hands around a mug. Janet has her hands wrapped up in a fabric that I can't tell what it is. Nothing about this seemed good. Pete is not here. Nor is Chelsey. They had the kind of reactions some soldiers in a war movie would have when in a comforting house right after getting out of a bullet flying scene.

The gang had really come early.

"Hello, folks," I said, approaching them. "How did you get in?"

Tom looks up towards me and then I notice his face is kind of traumatized.

"The back door," Tom said.

I blink.

"But the back door is locked," I said.

"It isn't now," Clark said.

"Well, you seem to be shaken up," I said.

"You wouldn't believe what we went through," Janet said, in a low voice.

I grab a chair and bring it over.

"Try me," I said, sitting down in the chair.

The two men share a puzzled look tilting their heads.

"You asked," Clark said.

"How long has it been since we were last here?" Janet asks.

"It has been a day," I said.

"I'll start from the beginning," Tom said.

I listened intently to their story.