Broken glass - Uh oh

Simon's final scream made the group stop. Loki is the driver of the sled with his hands inside a rounded comfy hole capable of moving in different places that the arms move in. Loki has stopped the sled because of the sudden stop Robin and Paul had taken.

Most of the cadets who are walking alongside the sled turn towards the direction Simon's scream had came. The cadets and non-cadets sitting in the sled turn towards the same direction the others are facing.

"Where is Simon?" Paul asks.

Their attention shifted towards Xackery.

"I don't know," Xackery lied, with a weak shrug.

Loki raises his left brow and a iffy expression appears on his face.

"Then why do you have two guns?" Lane asks.

"That is kind of suspicious," Megan remarks.

Xackery looks down towards his hands and then looks back up with a sheepish smile.

"Simon must have needed to go relieve himself and thought he didn't need the gun," Xackery theorizes. "So Simon gave it to me while I was thinking about turkeys."

"Simon is no idiot about leaving the group," Robin said. "I find it hard to believe Simon could not hold his bladder much longer."

Paul sighs, lowering his head and shakes his head.

"Great," Paul said. "Just what we need," Paul raises his head up. "Does anyone else need to take care of business? Raise your hands."

Charlice, Clark, Megan,Robin, and Lane raise their hands.

"Why did you not use the restroom room before we left?" Paul asks.

"Thought we could hold it, Paul," Charlice said.

Paul stares at Charlice and the others at first in disbelief.

"...Anyone else?" Paul asks.

"Me," Loki said.

"All right, we can work around this," Paul said.

___________ ___________

....10 minutes later...

...In a wide passage way made by two ugly mountains neighboring each other...

"Why do you call prehistoric animals 'moth beasts', Cadet Foreman?" Foster asks, sitting in the passenger seat.

Foster is facing towards Foreman with her forearms leaning against the side of the sled's seat.

"They are attracted by light in the dark," Foreman said.

"But they are not moths," Foster said.

"They lurk in the shadows despite having a slight problem in the light by burning stars," Foreman goes on. "Well,actually, a big problem. I have seen their massive body kind of like one of those Raptors in the museum. Their arms are like wings except they are not. Their bills are like tweezers..." Foreman has his index finger and thumb rubbing along each other. "And quite deadly.'

"Kind of like a bird," Foster said.

"Yes," Foreman said, with a nod. "Like a bird...The only thing we have of birds is images and documentaries. Birds went extinct 1B years ago. 1B is short hand for one billion."

"It sounds really confusing to some one not of this time," Foster said.

"Makes perfect sense to me," Foreman said.

"That is because you are native to this era," Foster said.

"Anyway," Foreman said. "The moth beasts are genuinely taller than Raptors about three feet." Foreman looks over towards the darkness acting uneasy then faces back towards Foster. "Books say these animals can't see colors; they can smell blood and see brightness."

"Which equals light," Foster said.

"Exactly," Foreman said, with a nod. "Man made light attracts them and theoretically can blind them."

"Hence the name 'Moth beasts'," Tara said, cleaning her gun using a wet rag.

"But some one bleeding makes it easier for them to search out their target in man made light?" Foster asks.

"Theoretically, yes," Foreman said.

Foster's facial expression changes to a 'You don't know anything for sure' reaction.

"This hasn't been tested out, I assume," Foster said.

"Our scientists study preserved remains of these beasts," Foreman said. "And we don't have much reliable eyewitness accounts about these animals behavior."

"So there is none," Foster said.

"Just evidence," Foreman said. "Some people speculate they ditch their young at the earliest chance and hunt alone."

"That's what people said about the Tyrannosaurus Rex," Foster said. "And they were proved wrong."

"What evidence says Tyrannosaurus Rex raise their young and hunt in packs?" Foreman asks. Foster lowers her head rubbing the side of her right temple. "You have one crazy train of thought, mam."

"The last part I was thinking about Velociraptors," Foster said, raising her head up.

Foreman wiggles his brows.

"Those darn Raptors don't care about their young," Foreman said.

Foster has a short chuckle as a smile grew on her face.

"Every living creature has parental instincts," Foster said. "Even the emotionless ones for that matter," Foster's right eye glances towards Loki (who is reading a ipad device with text) briefly then turns the direction towards Foreman. "They determine if someone poses a threat to their hatchlings."

"What if this someone were 200 miles away?" Foreman asks.

"It only matters when the person is really close to their nest," Foster said.

"Those dinosaurs would be fun to hunt in the wild," Tara said.

"No," Foster said. "They would hunt you."

"As if," Tara said, with a roll of her eye.

"But where is the evidence about the most dangerous animals in history caring for their young, seriously?" Foreman asks.

"After today, look up the movie 'Jurassic Park: The Lost World'," Foster said. "You will find the movie quite educating."