Chapter 7

I sat with Ned, MJ, Darren, Cindy, Betty, Abe, and Harley. Ned and MJ were smiling smugly at Flash, who sat a table over.

As we ate, I allowed them all to ask some more questions, most of which were about Harley and me, my job as a CEO, or other random questions. I was glad they didn't fixate on my secret identity or my parents. They also didn't try and get me to do anything for them using my position. I decided they were good friends. I just hadn't realized it before.

After lunch, Amber showed us to our rooms. "Settle in," she said. "Dr. Stark will provide hygiene products and fresh clothes for each of you. They will be in your rooms when we return."

There was a boy's wing and a girl's wing. Each room held two people. I got paired with Darren, which I didn't mind. I could finalize the details of him shadowing me without interruptions from anyone else.

We just hung out for the rest of the day. Flash came over and apologized to me, which I accepted. I told him we couldn't be friends yet, but I hoped we would no longer be enemies. He agreed.

We all circled up in the common room and played truth or dare. Amber joined us, as she was excited for a slumber party (she was also staying the night).

"Truth or dare?" Seymour asked Ned.

"Truth," Ned said immediately. Seymour gave the worst dares.

"Who is your crush?" Seymour asked.

Everyone leaned in to hear his answer. "Betty," he said, blushing bright red as he glanced at her.

She was also blushing and said, "I like you too, Ned."

He grinned. "Would you like to go out sometime?"

She nodded and we continued the game.

"Truth or dare, Pyotr?" Sally asked. She had begun using my given name shortly after the Q&A session.

"Umm... truth," I decided.

"How did you and Harley get together?" she asked.

I blushed. "Well, we went out on a date and hit it off?" I tried.

Amber scoffed and everyone turned to her. She grinned her gossip grin. "Alright, here's the scoop," she began. "Peter had a crush on Harley for the longest time, but was too self-conscious and insecure to believe that he had a chance with Harley. He said, and I quote, 'He's hot, sweet, and a Stark, Amber! He could get anyone he wants! Why would he ever choose me?' So, our little group, which includes a few tour guides and an intern or two, sat Harley down and interrogated him.

"Turns out, he was crushing on Peter too! Who would've thought?" she asked sarcastically. "Anyways, we planned out a date for the two and forced Harley to make the first move, knowing full well that Peter would never do it, not for anything. Harley asked Peter out and Peter actually passed out because he literally forgot how to breathe.

"When he came to, he said yes, of course. Harley took him out to a nice picnic with a Star Wars marathon. They went on dating for at least a month before Peter got up the courage to ask Harley to be his boyfriend. Their first kiss was a month and five days after that, and Harley met May a week after that."

My class gaped at her. "How do you know all that?" Cindy asked.

I was blushing like mad as I answered for her. "Amber is the gossip hub of the tower. She also loves to play matchmaker. She is very invested in my relationship with Harley. Now, Abe, truth or dare?"

We played late into the night, laughing and messing around. Flash didn't seem so bad by the end of the night. Before bed, he came up to me and explained that he had been so cruel because he was jealous. Jealous that I had a family that loved me. Jealous that I always got the best grades. Jealous of my friendship with Ned and MJ.

I forgave him and, after everyone had gone to sleep, we stayed up talking. "Hey," I said randomly, "you wanna get some gelato?"

He shrugged. "Sure. How are we going to get there?"

I smirked. "You'll see." 

----------------------------

Thoughts?