𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 || 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎🤍

I nervously sat face to face with my dad on the plan, waiting for us to board and for my dad to tell me what's his problem. After we took off he started his monologue.

'So I saw you yesterday at the party. You didn't ask me if I let you go'

'Yes because I knew what your answer would be' I said indignantly.

'Than why were you there if you now what I would say?!'

'Because I need to be there too. I'm in the paddock all the time with you and the team. Why can't I go too then?'

'Because I'm your father and I'm making the decisions about you!' we started fighting and yelling with each other. He acted like I did something illegal.

'You know what I had enough about this. You knew very well that this weekend would be horrible for me emotionally and you didn't give a damn f*ck about it The qualifying session was more important to you than the anniversary of my mother's death, your wife's death!!' I yelled at him so much that a few tears ran down my face.

'Don't yell with me!' he said with a calm voice but his eyes, oh his eyes told me that he's as angry as I'm.

'Why? You don't even care about me when it's race weekends, I'm lonely! I need some friends and need to go some parties, especially the after parties! You can't cut that out of my life!! I need some fun other than the races.' I said to him, but now with a calmer voice still crying.

'I thought you need some privacy that day, that you wanted to handle it alone, sorry Jas okay?' he apologized and I hugged him still crying but now because I miss my mother so much.

'I love you dad, but you need to give me some freedom. Let me make some bad decisions or something to learn about it. If you cut everything out then I won't be able to handle it if I screw something up.'

'Okay I get it, sorry again. I love you Jas and I miss your mother too every day, but for me it's helping if I focus on something else or doing something because than I don't think about her.'

'Yeah I get it, same for me. But I can't do anything there.'

'What if you'll be our reserve driver and test driver?' he asked out of nowhere.

'Wait... really? You never let me drive' I asks in shock.

'That's the past' he said, I nodded happily and gave him a huge hug. The rest of the flight was quiet. I slept almost the whole flight. After we landed I've got a message from Charles.

Charles
Call me if you landed, we should talk...

I immediately called Charles stepping a little away from my father.

'Hey' he says in the phone in a hoarse voice, I think he just landed too and woke up not a while ago.

'Hi, you wanted to talk'

'Yes I am, about last night and the morning'

'No don't make it harder please' I know I made a mistake last night and know he probably want to date or something but I can't because my father doesn't allow me. I cracked him I think with this now. That he let me be a third driver on the team. I don't want to make it harder than it's now.

'Harder? I don't get it Jasmine, then why did we made out last night and in the morning if you don't want anything from me?' he was angry I get it. It's hard I know because maybe I want it too to happen but it can't happen.

'Well, I don't know Charles, we just can't be a thing or get in a relationship with each other. Please don't be mad at me, please!'

'Well I need some time then I guess to get over you!' he hung up the phone not waiting my answer. I felt like someone just throw a ball to my face, how can I mess things like this? I have a talent for that...

——————

Well our one week free time was okay I guess. I met some friends of mine and I spent most of my them other than with my dad. We did the paperworks for me. My contract is last just this year because who knows what the future brings. I did some test running to, to learn how the car works and yeah. It's not so difficult by the way.

'So tomorrow we're flying to Australia, we announced you yesterday. You have to go on stage with Lewis and George the weekend.'

'Okay dad, I'm so excited by the way!' I had a huge smile on my face.

I couldn't sleep last night so the traveling today will be horrible and tiring. But I'm a reserve driver!! It's all worth it. I was afraid to meet Charles and Lando because I talked with Charles but with Lando, well I forgot that.