Part Nine; Found

Serena's POV.

When the principal screamed at us to go to her office, I wasn't scared or shocked. I had actually planned on somebody getting the principal.

I was surprised, however, when Laura came with me.

The principal looks at all of us, "So... can somebody please tell me what happened?" she asks.

"It's all their fault!" Sofia says dramatically as she points at Laura and I.

"Sofia! Do not start." Ms. Jens says sternly. "I want Laura story, she's the only one who didn't fight."

"WHAT?! THAT'S NOT FAIR!" Sofia screams.

"Sofia!" a male voice comes from the door. "That's enough."

Everybody looks to the door to find the Professor and dad. "Professor Xavier, Mr. Logan. Please come in." Ms. Jens says. Dad sits with Laura and me, while the Professor moves to stay next to Sofia. "I was just about to have Laura tell me what happened."

Laura sighs heavily and explains everything, starting with the morning of our first day of school. Once she finishes, Ms. Jens was shocked so was dad.

The Professor... not so much.

"I think it's best the girls all go home. Sofia, you are suspended from the cheerleaders. Laura, Serena... I'll see you Tuesday." Ms. Jens says standing.

"WHAT?! NO! They're just as much to blame as me!" Sofia screams.

The Professor sighs, "Sofia, you are the only one to blame. Get in the car."

Once we're outside, the Professor leaves in one car while Laura, dad, and I go to the jeep.

"Are you mad at us?" Laura asks suddenly.

Dad stops before looking at us confused, "What should I be mad about?" he asks.

Laura and I look at one another, "For fighting." I say. We both looked down.

Dad chuckles and lifts both our heads by tapping our chins. "You two were protecting yourselves and each other. No, I'm not mad." he says truthfully. "Now, let's go get us some food."

Hours Later...

Laura and I laugh as we watch a video on Kitty's laptop.

After lunch, dad took us home and practiced fighting with us. By the time we were tired, dinner was done. Everyone spoke about how Sofia was permitted to her room for a month. We were glared at, but we ignored it.

Our friends found what we did funny.

Now, we're in our room watching videos of little kittens and puppies!

As we sit there, laughing and having a... normal moment, everything comes crashing down!

A huge bang could be heard from upstairs as the front door breaks open. Helicopters were outside, the lights shining in the windows. I grab Laura's a hand and we run to the top of the stairs to find my worst fear.

HYDRA found us.