Part One: Waking Up

Laura's POV.

Beeping was all around me. My green eyes open slowly, the fluorescent lights burning them.

After my eyes adjust, I look around to see that the room is a hospital-like room. The beeping was caused by the heart monitors, the IV, and some other instruments that I don't know the names of.

I slowly sit up, wondering how long I'd been out, but that's not what bothered me.

I was in a place that I didn't know.

Or... or maybe I did know..., and I just don't remember.

I sigh heavily before standing.

The tile was cold, really cold, almost ice cold. I look down at my feet, wondering if I'm safe or not. I didn't feel like I was in danger, but I wasn't fully sure if I was safe either.

I start walking to the door of the hospital room. Walking out, I could hear a lot more than I could in the room.

Children yelling, feet pounding, etc.. For some reason it made me feel... out of place.

I walk completely out of the doorframe into the hallway. Suddenly, my heart races. I feel like running as fast as I can, out of this "school", and that's exactly what I do.

I run down the hall, down a staircase, but hide behind a pillar when I hear kids running towards me.

I stay silent, slowing my breathing.

The kids leave, and I look at the front door. I'm almost there, I think to myself.

Laura? I wouldn't do that if I were you, a voice says.

The hell?! I think before looking around, Who's there?

Don't be afraid, just come back to the hospital room. You are safe here, the voice belonged to an old man.

Over my cold stone, dead body.

I run out of the door. Looking back, I see no one following me, but I should've been looking forward instead. I run into something hard, causing me to fall backwards.

"You shouldn't have ran, kid." a male voice says. I recognize the voice!

Looking up, I see the same man from last night. The man who opened the door.

"Hey kid, I'm Logan."