S1E5 Tape 3, Side A

1 Year Ago:

Clay Jensen: No, no way.

Ricky Santiago: What's the matter, McFly? Chicken?

Clay Jensen: No, that's no it.

Jeff Atkins: He's scared he will lose if he accepts.

Ricky Santiago: Then just accept it.

Clay Jensen: It's not that I think I'm gonna lose. It's just... Winter Formal?

Jeff Atkins: What's wrong with the Winter Formal?

Clay Jensen: I don't do dances.

Ricky Santiago: Because you suck at dancing?

Jeff Atkins: No, he's scared of dancing.

Clay Jensen: I don't go to dances.

Ricky Santiago: And you also don't go to parties, but that all changed 2 months ago.

Jeff Atkins: Really? What changed?

Ricky Santiago: Take a wild guess.

Jeff Atkins: Someone threaten to kick his ass if he didn't go?

Ricky Santiago: That would've been funny, but no. Come on, Clay. What changed?

Clay Jensen: Someone invited me.

Ricky Santiago: Exactly, for years someone has been inviting you to a party but you always decline.

Jeff Atkins: Hannah Baker!

Ricky Santiago: Bingo. That's what changed. I don't know what she said to convinced you to go to Kat's going away party, but you went.

Jeff Atkins: Where was I when this party happened?

Ricky Santiago: At your grandmother's birthday party.

Jeff Atkins: Oh yeah.

Ricky Santiago: Well, Clay. what do you say?

Me, Clay, & Jeff are sitting down at the library trying to convince Clay to take a bet with Jeff. Jeff proposed that if he gets that "C" average in U.S. History, then Clay must go to the Winter Formal. Clay was giving a lot of thought.

Clay Jensen: Fine. Only because I want you to get that "C" average.

Jeff Atkins: And I will.

Ricky Santiago: Then it's a deal.

Present:

As I'm brushing my teeth I get a group text from Bryce. It's a picture of what appears to be Tyler Down's naked rear end. Why would Bryce send that, didn't he learned his lesson from what he did to Hannah? And who took this picture in the first place? I arrive to Liberty and I'm eating a Pop Tart when all of a sudden...

Bryce Walker: Tyler!

Monty de la Cruz: Yo, Tyler! Hey, Ty-Ty! Nice ass, buddy!

Bryce & Monty moon Tyler as I had to see their asses while I'm eating my Pop Tart and everyone is laughing at poor Tyler.