S1E8 Tape 4, Side B

Clay and the others know something. After Clay's meltdown, everyone was scared at what he might do. What are they scared about? Everyone has been acting weird and it has to do with Hannah Baker. I see Marcus running in the hallways and he was in a hurry, so I followed him. Luckily for me, I had free period. I followed Marcus into the school's gym as I take out my phone and start recording what's going on. I stand by the entrance door where they can't see me. I see Marcus, Justin, Jessica, Zach, Courtney, & Alex, who was still beaten up from his fight with Monty.

Justin Foley: Dude, you're late.

Marcus Cole: I talked to Tony. He says he'll take care of it.

Courtney Crimsen: What does that even mean exactly?

Justin Foley: Tony's a dick.

Zach Dempsey: He's not a dick.

Justin Foley: He's a dick, he's a prick, and he's a cock.

Zach Dempsey: Okay, those are the same things.

Justin Foley: No, they're nuances of meaning.

They're the same thing, dumbass.

Zach Dempsey: Right. Yeah.

Justin Foley: Look, Tony's not gonna do shit. We have to take care of this. End that little bastard once and for all.

Jessica Davis: That's insane.

Justin Foley: I don't know. What if we make it look like a suicide.

WHAT? Is he for real? Why would he wanna kill Clay?

Justin Foley: How tragic is that? I mean, two star-crossed lovers or some shit like that. He doesn't think Hannah will wake up, so he tries to join her.

Zach Dempsey: Grow up, Justin.

Justin Foley: Are you really telling me to grow up, Little Mama's Boy?

Zach Dempsey: Yeah, I am.

Alex starts grunting as he holds on to his stomach.

Justin Foley: Dude, go see a fuckin' doctor.

Alex Standall: I've seen a dozen doctors, dude.

Zach Dempsey: One thing. If one thing had gone differently somewhere along the line... maybe none of this would have happened.

Courtney Crimsen: And the worst part is that Ricky was there.

Marcus Cole: What?

Jessica Davis: Yeah, he saw the whole meltdown.

Zach Dempsey: At least he doesn't know about the tapes.

What tapes? What the fuck are they hiding?

Courtney Crimsen: No, he doesn't know about the tapes but he has been talking to Hannah's mom.

Justin Foley: What? What did he say to her?

Courtney Crimsen: He told her that all the tributes are bullshit and that Hannah was treated like shit.

Jessica Davis: We should head back before someone starts getting suspicious. Like a certain Conspiracy Nut.

I stop recording and immediately head to the boys room as I hear everyone leave. I creek the door open a little bit when I hear someone coming back.