chapter one: moving in

Spencer nervously stood in front of the door with her cousin Dylan.

"I still think that's a bad idea Spencer," he told her, arms crossed over his chest.

"I know, but this was the only apartment which had a room available and allowed a dog" she replied.

"Yes, but that also means that you have to live with two guys you know nothing about. That's damn stupid and dangerous"

"Yes Dylan, that's why you're with me. Besides, we're just visiting the apartment and I'll get to know them. I'm not going to move in right away, you know? What else am I supposed to do? I can't afford my own apartment. And you and my parents live across the country" Spencer replied and stroked her dogs, Zelda, head.

Her cousin only sighed, and then nodded. Dylan knocked on the door and only a few seconds later it opened.

"Hi, you must be Spencer, right?" a guy with brown hair asked Dylan.

"Uhm, actually—" he replied, but he was interrupted again.

"Uh sorry, I thought it was about a single person and a dog, not a couple?"

Spencer chuckled, "It is, I'm Spencer. I need a room close to the university because dogs aren't allowed on campus"

"Oh okay, well you know we're two guys right? Doesn't bother me, but I don't know if you're okay with that" he then replied.

"It's okay, I'm here to get to know you first," Spencer said.

"Okay, well I'm Javier. I think Steve's still asleep, but I'll wake him up. And you're welcome to come in" he replied and took a step backwards so that they can enter the apartment.

Spencer followed him in and when she let Zelda off the leash, she immediately ran towards Javier.

"Oh, you're really cute, hm?" Javier said with a smile and crouched down next to the dog.

"Her name's Zelda" Spencer explained while she looked around the room. It was a bit small, but still nice. And it looked like a typical frat boy apartment.

"Zelda?"

"Yeah, like Zelda Fitzgerald, you know?" Spencer replied.

"Nope" Javier said with a grin and gently stroked her head. But after a few seconds he stood up again and Zelda immediately snuggled against his leg.

"I'll get Steve, feel free to sit down if you want to," he said and pointed to the sofa.

Spencer and Dylan looked at each other for a moment and then sat down while Javier left the room.

"I guess he already likes Zelda" Dylan told her after he looked around the room.

"Yeah, he seems nice" Spencer replied.

Dylan let out a chuckle, "You just think he's hot. I mean don't get me wrong, he really is. But he's still a stranger, Spencer"

She rolled her eyes, "I know, that's why we're here. To get to know them" she replied.

Just a few moments later, Javier came back into the living room with a blond man behind him. But before he could say anything, Dylan began to speak, "Steve?!"

"Dylan?!" the blond man asked back, also shocked.

Dylan and Steve started laughing and then hugged each other.

"You guys know each other?" Spencer then asked surprised.

"Yeah, we used to be in the boy scouts together," her cousin explained with a grin.