chapter two: (no) warnings

While Spencer went for a walk with Zelda in the evening, she picked up some food from a small diner. She wanted to thank Javier and Steve for their help. And when she asked Steve what they would like to eat, he wanted pizza. So she entered the apartment with a large bag full of take away food.

"Steve?" she called through the apartment.

"Yeah?" he called back from the kitchen, his mouth full of chips.

"I brought pizza"

"Really?" he asked happily and went over to the front door.

"Yeah, told you dinner's on me" she replied with a grin.

"Thank you" he said, but didn't dare to come any closer.

"Steve you really don't have to be scared of her, I promise" Spencer told him softly.

Steve just stared at Zelda nervously, but then took the bag and went back into the living room. After Spencer took the leash off her dog, she also went into the living room and saw how Steve had already opened the boxes and he grinned widely at her.

"Thanks again, but why did you get three pizza's?"

"Well, uh, for us both and one for Javier?"

"Oh, so I can't eat two?"

Spencer let out a chuckle, "I don't know, I actually wanted to thank you both"

Steve just shrugged and started eating his pizza. Spencer did the same while Zelda laid down on her dog bed next to the sofa.

A few minutes passed before Steve started talking again, "Oh God, this is the best pizza I've ever eaten," he said with a grin.

"Same. And it was so cheap, we need to eat at this diner someday. I think it's a small family business"

"Sure, let's tell Javi later"

Spencer nodded and went back to the pizza. They continued eating for a few minutes while some random show was playing on the tv.

Shortly after they had finished eating, they heard the front door being unlocked. Zelda immediately jumped up happily and ran over to Javier.

"Hi girl, you already missed me, huh?" he asked with a smile and crouched down next to her.

Her tail wagged quickly and she stared at Javier with wide eyes.

"She saw him twice and already loves him," Steve said with a chuckle.

"Yes, because she's a good girl, right Zelda?" Javier asked her and pet her head.

Steve just rolled his eyes, "You know, Spencer brought pizza" he then told his friend.

"Really? Thank you" Javier replied and sat down next to her.

"Yeah, I didn't know if you'd come back or sleep somewhere else, so I guess it's already cold" Spencer told him.

She saw Javier open the pizza box and somehow it was weird for her to sit between Javier and Steve, but she decided to ignore it. She didn't know them yet but somehow she had to get to know them, right? And talking and eating with them is a great way to bond.

"And? How was it?" Steve then asked.

"The study-date? Very educational" Javier replied with a grin and put his arm on the sofa's headrest behind Spencer.

"Really? What did you learn?" Spencer asked with a chuckle, turning her head in his direction.

"I can show you" he told her with his smug smile and Spencer let out a laugh.

"Ugh Javi, stop hitting on our new roommate. You just had sex" Steve said with a groan and got up.

They watched Steve leave the room, "Sorry bout him. He's in a bad mood because he hasn't seen his girlfriend for a long time" Javier told her.

"Oh okay, well then I hope they see each other again soon"

"Yeah, I think she's coming back next week. She was abroad for a few months, and he really misses her, and her cat"

"Her cat?"

"Yup, told you he's more of a cat-person"

Spencer nodded and looked over at Zelda again, but she was just lying on her bed, asleep. And Spencer didn't really know what to say to Javier, of course she wanted to get along well with her new roommates, but there was that awkward silence again.

After he finished eating his pizza, he got up and went to the kitchen. "You want a coke?"

"Yeah, sure" she replied.

And when he sat down next to her on the sofa again, she noticed that he was closer than before. He opened the two cans and then handed one to her,

"So, do you have a boyfriend?"

"What?" she asked back perplexed, because she really did not expect this question.

"Well, are you seeing someone? I just wanna know if it gets louder in your room sometimes. After all, mine's right next to yours"

"Oh, yeah. No I'm not seeing anyone. Don't worry about it. I guess you're the only one of the three of us who regularly takes someone home"

"Nah, not that often, don't worry. But if you'd like, I can let you know?"

Spencer nodded. A warning about when his acquaintances come and go would be nice.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

He didn't let her know. Because just a few nights later, Spencer was in her bed and couldn't sleep. She was actually damn tired, but sometime around midnight she started hearing a noise.

And pretty quickly she realized that it was the sound of Javier's bed hitting the wall. And when she heard a woman's voice moaning his name, she knew for sure what Javier was doing.

"Fuck Javi baby" the woman whispered and Spencer groaned annoyed. She took her pillow and pressed it on her head to muffle the voices.

Also Zelda, who was sleeping on the soft carpet next to her bed, stared at the wall in confusion.

About fifteen minutes later it still didn't get quieter, so Spencer took her headphones and started listening to music. And she began to wonder why he lasted so fucking long.

She just hoped that this wouldn't happen more often. But she was wrong. And what she didn't know right now, was that she will be one of the women who moan his name in his bed.