chapter four: late night talking

Spencer and Leon had been talking in the kitchen for a few minutes until she interrupted him. She wanted to finally get him into her room so that Javier and Lauren could disappear without any problems.

"It's really nice to talk to you, but unfortunately I have to go back to my room. I don't wanna leave my dog ​​alone for too long, and she's too shy to come down here among all these people she doesn't know"

Leon looked at her for a few seconds, "Your dog?" he asked surprised.

"Yeah, uhm, her name's Zelda"

"Zelda? Like Zelda Fitzgerald?" he asked.

"Yes! Finally someone knows" she replied with a chuckle.

"Why did you name her like that?"

"Well, I didn't name her, my sister did" Spencer explained.

"Oh, but, can I meet her?"

"Uh, yeah sure" she replied with a smile and led him to her room.

Unfortunately, at the same time, things weren't going so well for Javier. Lauren sat topless on his lap and kissed him, but then she stopped and stared at him expectantly.

"Can we talk first?" she asked quietly.

"Let's talk later, hm?" he murmured, placing kisses on her neck.

"But it's important to me," she whispered.

Javier sighed, "Okay, sure"

She looked at him nervously, "Well, uh, I was just wondering what.. what this is? What are we, Javier? I.. I kinda like you, but you didn't call me back for a couple of weeks, and then you visited me at work and—"

"Lauren.." he whispered with a sigh.

"What? I just want you to talk to me, please Javi"

Although he often played with girls' feelings, he didn't want to lie to her. Lauren was nice, way too nice to deserve that. "I'm sorry but you won't like my answer, Lauren"

"Oh" she mumbled and slowly got off his lap again.

"Lauren, no. You don't have to leave"

"I.. I can't stay, sorry" she mumbled, put on her shirt again and left his room without another word.

He groaned loudly and also put his clothes on, "Fucking bullshit" he mumbled to himself.

When he went back into the living room after a few minutes, he noticed that most of the people had already left.

Confused, he looked around until he saw Steve in the kitchen. He was sitting alone at the table and had a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

"Hey, where's Connie?" Javier asked his friend.

"She never came," Steve replied with a hurt chuckle.

"What? Why?" he asked and sat down next to him.

"She said she needs some time. And she doesn't trust me anymore. She thought Spencer was a guy, and when she found out she's a girl, she fucking broke up with me" he slurred.

"She..what? What the fuck?"

"Yeah, I..I don't know what to do? I never told her that's Spencer's a guy. I just said that Spencer's our new roommate"

"Steve, hey, it's okay. You should get some sleep now. Talk to Connie tomorrow, yeah?" Javier told his friend.

He nodded and took one last sip of his whiskey. At the same time, Javier was already cleaning up the apartment a bit and when he went back to his room, he stared at Spencer's closed door.