chapter six: closer

Javier didn't let her know. Again. At least not soon enough. Two days passed since Javier told her that he had met this woman with the dachshunds.

And about 30 minutes ago, he stormed into Spencer's room and told her that she would come over in five minutes.

"Are you kidding me?" she had asked him with a groan.

Was he fucking serious? Five minutes wasn't enough time to prepare to hear their stupid 'playdate', or to leave the apartment. It was 10pm, it was dark and cold outside, and she definitely wouldn't leave the apartment anymore.

But he didn't say anything else and now Spencer had to hear her moans and his groans for the last 15 minutes.

She lay in bed thinking for a few seconds, and then she had enough, she got up and left her room. Zelda padded tiredly behind and followed her to the balcony.

Technically, Spencer wasn't a smoker. But right now she was so annoyed because she was damn tired and should actually be well rested tomorrow because of an exam.

Javier had often offered her a cigarette, but she always refused. But now, she took one out of the box and sat on the chair on the balcony.

As she placed the cigarette between her lips, she noticed Zelda staring at her.

"What? Don't judge me, Zelda" she told her dog.

Spencer didn't know if she was just imagining it, but she could have sworn that Zelda was judging her for smoking. Sure, she's just a dog, but the look on her face says it all.

"You're talking to your dog like she's a real person?" A voice suddenly said from next to her and Spencer jumped a little in shock.

She looked over and saw Javier leaning against the door, with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Everyone talks to their dog," she replied and looked away from him again. Because Javier was casually standing there in just his shorts and she really didn't want to stare at him. His ego was big enough and she was definitely annoyed with him right now.

"I thought you didn't smoke?" he asked with a grin and sat down on the empty chair next to her.

"Well, I couldn't sleep, Javier. The walls are thin" she replied while he also lit a cigarette.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I should have told you sooner" he replied softly, watching her face.

Spencer let out a sarcastic chuckle, "I know it's your apartment. But I also live here now. And if I had known that you're fucking someone in the room next to mine several times a week, I probably wouldn't have moved in"

Javier let out a sigh, "Don't be like that"

"Like what? I can't sleep. You guys are loud. And I'm sorry if I'm acting like a bitch, but it's annoying. I really don't get how Steve can stand this"

"Well, Steve is a deep sleeper, you know?"

"Yeah, I know" Spencer replied with a sigh, and put out the cigarette in the ashtray, even though it wasn't finished yet.

She got up again, but just before she went to the door, Javier started talking again, "I'm sorry, okay? I'll tell them to be quieter, yeah?"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

The next few days were great. She didn't know whether he simply didn't have anyone over, or whether he told them to be quieter. But in any case, she was able to sleep well.

Spencer was in a good mood, she had passed her exam with flying colors and she was happy to finally see her best friend Izzy again this evening.

But despite all the good mood, she sat stressed on the floor in her room. She finally had a new closet and was happy to be able to organize her clothes nicely. But unfortunately she was already overwhelmed with setting it up, because no instructions were included.