chapter eight: just for fun

From the moment Javier won the stuffed animal and put it in Spencer's arms, he couldn't get his big grin off his face. He was proud of Spencer's shy smile and the soft 'Thank you' she whispered.

And Zelda was even happier because as soon as the group was back in the apartment, Zelda never left the stuffed animal's side. And since it was about twice as big as the dog, it looked even cuter.

And that's how it went for the next few days. Because a week later on Friday evening, Zelda lay next to her new plushie and was too lazy to get up.

"Get up, come on" Spencer asked her annoyed.

She really loves Zelda, but that dog was so stubborn and lazy. She just stared at Spencer without moving an inch.

"Come on, you wanna go for a walk?" Spencer asked again.

She had to motivate her somehow. After all, Leon was already there and waiting for her downstairs. And she didn't want to keep him waiting on their first date.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

At the same time, Javier was having dinner with Steve and Connie at a diner. The couple sitting on the bench across from him shared a milkshake with two straws and Javier watched them annoyed.

"Why isn't Spencer here?" he then asked. Normally he wouldn't ask something like that, but with Spencer, he would be less bored.

"She's having a date" Steve replied and put his arm around Connie.

"A date?" Javier asked back confused, "With who?"

"Uhm, Leon I think, I guess your little distraction-plan worked"

Javier stared at Steve confused, "They're dating?"

"I don't know" Steve replied and Connie grinned at him.

"Why do you ask?" Connie asked him.

"Can't I ask a normal question?" he told her and crossed his arms. Connie just rolled her eyes and took a big bite of her burger.

"So you and Izzy, huh?" Steve then asked.

"Nah, there's nothing going on between us, yet"

"Really? You guys flirted non-stop at the funfair"

"Don't judge me, she's hot" Javier said and Connie rolled her eyes.

"Is this even okay with Spencer?" she asked.

"Why shouldn't it be okay with her?"

"I don't know, you flirt with Spencer all the time and now you want to fuck her best friend?"

Javier stared at Connie for a moment, "Well, this flirting between Spencer and I is just for fun. She's not interested and I don't really care. I do it for fun, that's just how I am. And I guess she doesn't mind"

"You're so stupid" Connie replied.

"Why do you even care? You fucking broke up with Steve just because you were jealous. Now you suddenly like Spencer?" Javier asked back annoyed.

He didn't want to talk about Spencer. She's his roommate and has a hot best friend. And that's it.

Connie bit her lip slightly, feeling completely uncomfortable with how she behaved back then, "I know, I made a mistake. And I'm glad Steve forgave me, because I simply overreacted"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

A few hours later, Steve and Connie entered the apartment again. They immediately saw how Spencer sat on the sofa with Zelda and watched some tv-show.