1

Dream didn't think he had a bad childhood he never thought his was any different to everyone else's, well to a point as in he was a prince and his friends were the children of the maids and guards.

But for Dream he was raised with the strict idealized rules of listen when told, speak when spoken to, don't second guess or talk back, never go against his father, and to never ever take off his mask without permission. The mask itself was a simple ceramic plate with two black dots and a curved line which ultimately looked like a smiling face.
First time he thought something was off was when he was 10 and his friends asked him why his father kept touching him, Dream was confused at that, he thought that his father was just overly affectionate but he said nothing so they stopped asking after a while of not getting answers but then had started asking about his mask, but just as the same as the other they stopped eventually from not getting answers and eventually stopped being his friend.
But his childhood isn't why he was in the conference hall going over battle plans with the generals and lords of the kingdom.

"If we take Sorrows Canon then we can cut the AntarcticEmpire off before they reach Players Peak, it will cut 2 days off of the campaign and we can catch them by surprise.
We can take out their front main troops before they can even react then a straight full charge to the center, We can-" Dream was cut off by a fist being slammed into the hard dark oak of the table, and the one whose fist was the cause of the noise was his father's.

"Can you prove your reasonings or are they just your ideas that will turn into misconceptions that will lead to the Greater Essempi's ultimate down fall!, So Dream where is your proof that your theories will work?" The King had said while raising his voice, to say that Dream had flinched at the shouting would be an understatement, the king seeing Dream flinch had raised his hand to the air signifying that the meeting was postponed until tomorrow.

His father made a summoning motion with his hand "Dream come here" he said in an overly calm voice, Dream walked over to his father's side and stood there until he was pulled by the wrist to the position of straddling his father's lap.  His chin was roughly grabbed and pulled upward to look his father in his eyes. His mask pushed up uncomfortably "Dream your performance in the meeting today disappointed me, you humiliated me, are you trying to make a mockery of my name, and Take this damn mask off!" His fathers hand went from holding his chin to gripping his face roughly as he had ripped the mask off his face and slammed it into the table, Dream made note to look for bruises later.

"Dream I want you to apologize to me, you have 20 minutes go you know what I want"
His father had let go of his face and pushed him out of the chair falling to the floor with a hard Thud with the amount of force that was used. Dream nodded "Yes father" grabbed his mask putting it on and left to head to the kings chambers to get ready to apologize to his father in the  most sincerest way that he was thought how, once he got to his fathers chambers he headed to the washroom that was to the offhand side of the room in prime view of the bed chambers.

As his father had an affinity for wanting to be able to see anything and everything, he dropped his clothes to the side of the tub but gently placed his mask onto the table nearby and got in, the room smelt of Lavender and Myrrh as his father wanted him to always smell his best whilst his father smelt of rum and cigars. After around 15 minutes Dream got out of the tub and threw on an Emerald green robe with a gold seems and a golden embroidery of the kingdoms crest on the left breast pocket, the crest itself was a beautiful designed rams head with swords crossing behind and flowers creating the ringed border of the crest.

After putting on the robe Dream with still dripping hair he went to look in the mirror and as  he had been correct he had a bruise the shape of a hand print on either side of his face like someone had roughly grabbed it, in this case someone did. He walked away from the mirror at hearing the chambers door open and close with the click of a lock, "Mmm don't you look all dolled up for me" his father groaned out as he came to place his hands on Dreams hips "Hmm I don't like the robe it's getting in the way why don't we remove it then move on to you apologizing, how does that sound doll?"
His father moved his hands to the strip of silk holding the robe together and undid it letting the robe fall to the ground.