Chapter 19

The Royal Family of Württemberg

THE TIMES
L O N D O N   - 1813

A ROYAL VISIT
His Majesty The King of Württemberg and Their Royal Highnesses Prince Paul and Princess Katharina of Württemberg visit the United Kingdom

Her Majesty the Queen Dowager of Württemberg is bound to Scotland by ties of ancestry, affection and duty. She is descended from the Royal House of Stewart. Through her father King George III, she is directly descended from James VI of Scotland.

A Scottish writer approached the Queen Dowager of Württemberg last week during her visit to Scotland, Her Majesty opened up about her personal connection to the country.

"Scotland is incredibly important to me and will always have a special place in my heart," said the Queen Dowager of Württemberg. "All my children already know how dear Scotland is to me, and it warms my heart how they are starting to build their own memories here too. We have no doubt they will grow up sharing my love and connection to the beauty that is Scotland."

Her relationship with Scotland and the Scots began in childhood, and deepened during her many visits before her marriage to the late King of Württemberg.

The King of Württemberg, Wilhelm I, seemed more than pleased to be making a trip up North, visiting Scotland for the first time ever with his younger brother and sister, Prince Paul and Princess Katharina; as well as the youngest of the family, Prince Anton and Princess Amalia.

"I foresee myself and my family undertaking a range of engagements celebrating community and history," said the King of Württemberg. "I grew up hearing wonders of the beauty of Scotland from my mother. Now I feel fortunate we are all here as a family to see it all."

Buckingham House, London
A week later...

It was the most magical and special day of all at Buckingham House, since the Queen of England was delighted to be in the presence of all her children, and her grandchildren -including those illegitimate from her oldest daughter's marriage-, which were the only ones the Queen approved to be a part of the family.

Tears welled up in the Queen Dowager of Württemberg's eyes as she received greeting kisses from absolutely all her siblings and children. It was a warm and joyous reunion she never thought would ever happen. -Almost- all the people she profoundly loved were gathered in the same room. The echos of laughter, and sound of the heartfelt conversations filled the air with the warmth of a connection that had once seemed lost forever.

In that moment, not even the Queen of England could believe the reality unfolding before her — a reunion she had never dared to dream would happen. The room was alive with the shared joy of a family made whole again, a testament to the power of hope and the strength of enduring love -or so she thinks-.

"The latest Whistledown, Your Majesties," Brimsley arrived to their side, and handed to the Queen of England and the Queen Dowager of Württemberg Lady Whisteldown's newest issue.

"What's that?" The King of Württemberg asked one of his aunts.

"It is a gossip column," Sophia responded.