The End of The Road

After the talk about Tom, Asher continues to drive home, you both sat in silence for almost an hour, you poured you heart out to Asher and he actually comforted you, this was all a new feeling for you, 3 years of dealing with Tom really fucked up how you perceived men. You look at the GPS, you are about 2 hours away from being home but you're starving so you ask Asher to pull over and he agrees and says "Thank God, I need to pee so bad, and I'm hungry as hell!" You laugh and reply, "Why didn't you say so?" Asher pulls into the nearest restaurant, it's a McDonald's you go in and Asher goes to the bathroom, you check your phone while you wait and see you have 8 missed calls... from you mom, you haven't talked to any of your family since telling them about the abuse two and a half years ago, so you wonder why your mom is trying to contact you. You don't call back or send a message... who would blame you, your family, shut you out at the lowest point of your life! Asher walks out of the bathroom and you go order food, he orders a whole meal and you just get a medium fry, there is too much going through your mind that you're not even hungry anymore. Asher sits at a table near the windows, and you follow and sit and stare out the window. He asks, "I thought you sad you were starving?" You don't answer. You just show him the missed calls. He grabs your phone out of your hand, turns it off, and puts it in his pocket. "As long as you are with me, you don't have to worry about anything. Just because she is your mother doesn't make you obligated to answer her." You kiss him and say thank you. After you ate, you guys finish the trip, and you make it back to your place. Asher asks to shower and you tell him do what ever and to make himself at home, he smiles grabs you and hugs you for a few minutes, you get an intense amount of butterflies this time for the first time you feel yourself being happy, two dates but you feel like he is your everything. Asher showers while you sit on the bed. You grab your phone and check it again, this time to see 3 messages and 2 more missed calls from your mom... You open the messages, not knowing what to expect...