The Dinner

As you head out, Asher compliments your outfit, "You look beautiful, I'm glad you dressed how you wanted!" You give him a soft smile and look at the outfit you came up with: mesh tights with pinstripes on them, the black knee length skirt you bought yesterday afternoon, some platforms, the same ones you wore on your second date with Asher, a strapless mini top with a mesh cropped cardigan, you added some jewelry too. You Glance at Asher he's wearing a red button down shirt with a black suit his hair is messy and he is wearing his white dunks, you giggle "well i think it's safe to assume you didn't get fashion advice from anyone? You look great though, " neither of you really compliment each other on the exterior, but you like that it's different, like the surfer girl and the country boy, except you are from different worlds. You pick up your groceries and head back home and cook them. You then place them in their correlated containers and head to ashers' parents' place. The drive from your house to them is an hour away, Asher tells you he lives about half hour away from them so it's not a bad drive, you then realized Asher has been in, seen, lived, in your home but you don't even know what his looks like in the slightest, never seen pictures, he's never talked about it either. You ignore that thought and turn on the radio, 'Sweet Caroline' starts playing, the same song that played on the radio your first night with Asher, he laughs and turns it up all they way, singing along, "touching youuuuu! Sweet Caroline, BUMP BUMP BUMP" he puts his hand on your thigh turns down the radio "everything okay? You have barely said anything to me all day?" You don't want to tell him you're still upset, so you compromise." Yes, just didn't sleep well and was a little nervous still..." You lied right through your teeth, but you want tonight to go perfect, and you want to keep a good energy, "I'll take you somewhere special after dinner, my treat. Just so you know, my parents will love you, trust me." With that, you can push the nerves out and relax. Wonder what this special place is? Asher told you he moved his parents out of his childhood home and into a beautiful home, now knowing a little about his job you expect a long driveway and a very classy home, you are startled when he pulls up, but not startled about the size or build, it's a little cottage home very cabin like, this was always your dream house when you were little, almost like the homes from Disney movies! You and Asher grab your things and go inside there. You are greeted by two little girls, "this is Abbey and Gwen. They are my twin sisters! Girls, can you tell my beautiful girlfriend how old you are?" You are shocked, girlfriend!?!? He's never called you that before, but hearing him say it brought joy to your heart. "Hiii, were twins! Were five, " they both say while giggling and smiling "Why that's so big! You girls are gorgeous, and how lucky to have a cool brother like asher!" They giggle then give you a big hug Asher smiles and whispers two down three to go, look at you!" You kiss him and the girls squeal."Ma, Pa, I'm here!" Asher yells as he makes his way to the kitchen. You stay with the girls. They are asking me all sorts of questions,"Are you a princess? Did our brother marry you? Do you like barbies? How old are you?" You answer all the questions when Asher walks back with his parents. His mom walks up and gives you a big hug."My my, aren't you just beautiful! And this outfit, you have amazing taste! How did my goofy son land a heartthrob like you? Im Marry!" You smile and introduce yourself."Hey! I'm ashers father, you can call me Jim, nice to meet you, sweet heart." He holds out his hand, and you give him a shake, Asher walks back over by you and grabs you by the hip, whispers "now time to meet my best friends!" He leads you to the basement and opens a door. The room is lit up blue and posters along all the walls "Archie I'm home! Where's jada?" The boy springs up out of the bed, he has monitors attached to him 'this must be his little brother he told you about Asher hugs him for a few minutes before placing a hand on his shoulder, "I brought my girlfriend here, isn't she hot" Archie punches Asher "look at you finally sticking down a good one" he walks over shakes your hand and say "sup ma'am I'm Archie, the cooler one obviously" you laugh "you definitely seem to be way cooler" "Hey im standing right here!" Asher throws his arms up as Archie, and you laugh, "one second. " Archie runs out of the room for a few seconds and returns with a puppy. "This is Jada! Asher got her for my eighth birthday this year. She is the coolest, actually!" He hands you the puppy as she gives you kisses."Let's go have dinner!" Archie takes the dog and the three of you head to the kitchen, once everything is plated you say a prayer and begin to eat "so we have hear so much about you, and the little story of how you two met!" Marry says "awe really!" You grab ashers hand under the table. "Yeah, we have, but I gotta warn you about my boy here. He's experienced at playing with girl's hearts," Jim smugly says, "She knows about my past pa. Why bring it up?" Ash snaps "well gotta let the girl know what she's getting into. You were a professional player, and I don't want to see this lovely lady get hurt, is all." Asher doesn't respond to Jim, and it's silent for a few minutes when the twins begin giggling."Do you want to see something funny, pretty girl?" Gwen asks. Before you reply, she's already grabbing your hand and leading you into the living room, Abbey and Archie follow, and you leave Asher with his parents. Gwen grabs a big book and flips though the pages, it's pictures of all of them when they were little, but the page she stops on her and the other two start rolling on the floor giggling "look look! This is Ash on his 7th birthday!" Asher is dressed in a pink flower dress and cake is all over his face, his hair is purple, it must have been some sort of prank but you think it's funny and laugh with the girls. "Can I paint your nails?" Abbey says while pulling out a bottle of blue polish, you agree." ooo oo! Can i do your hair!" Gwen says, jumping on the couch. Before you answer, Archie says "NO don't let her touch your hair! She will cut it!" You decide to listen to Archie and tell Gwen no "fine! But can I take some selfies?" You hand Gwen your phone as she snaps pictures of herself, with you, with Asher, with Archie, even gets some with jada. Asher was right. This was going great, or so you thought just then you hear yelling then Asher rushes from the kitchen and gets you "Hey we gotta leave, abbey, Gwen, Archie say goodbye okay" with that the kids hug you and give Asher a hug "I love you guys, Archie text me okay." You hear Jim yelling "ITS NOT GOING TO LAST, AND THIS IS TOO EARLY, DONT BE A DUMBASS ASHER! I SWEAR TO GOD!" Asher grabs your hand, and you two leave the house. You are trying to wrap around you. Head, what happened?"Are you okay?" "I'm fine, my dad thinks I'm using you, we have different views. there is something I want to ask you but he insists it's not right nor the right time" you drive for around a half hour and Asher pulls into a long driveway, "well we're home. My home!"