Class Dynamics

It had been around an hour since we had made it to land, but our class was still in a state of disarray. Chabashira-sensei had explained the general contents of the exam before handing it over to individual homeroom teachers to explain to their classes. The exam seemed to be based around the idea of claiming "spots" on the island which would be added to our total points at the end. In total we were given 300 points to use on various items and provisions the handbook listed, but what points we were to refrain from using would be given to us as class points at the end of the exam. In addition to this rule, there were leaders who would be the cardholders who could claim spots, and at the end of the exam if you guessed a leader correctly you would be given 50 class points while the class of the leader would lose 50 class points with all bonus points issued at the beginning being negated.

This was perhaps one of the few chances we may have as Class D to turn things around. However, looking at the state of us right now I can't say that I'm confident we will be able to win this battle.

"There are some necessities that we need! We can't just completely forfeit our own wellbeing just for the chance at a few more class points."

"It will be better for our class in the long run. You seemed to be all for getting more class points back when you used all your private points up in the first month!"

Hara along with the rest of the girls had been arguing against Shikichi for a few minutes, but even while Hamada was trying to step in to mediate things, neither side would back down. Shikichi was known to be a relatively highly scoring student, but his attitude had a lot that needed to be fixed. From what I've observed so far, he probably had some past delinquency that managed to get him thrown into Class D. If he doesn't fix his act soon, it'll spell trouble for the rest of our class with a possible large loss of points in addition to other deductions from behavioral issues present within this 'colorful' cast of characters.

Mikuri took a deep breath before smiling back at both sides. "It's not going to do us any good to argue right now. If we don't get moving soon all the good spots are going to be stolen. I'd like to have our camp set up sooner rather than later, so we can continue this discussion later. You're discussing class points but aren't thinking of the bigger picture."

Hara sighed, but nodded and gave in. Shikichi also seemed to give up at Mikuri's demand, although he definitely took it harsher. Her presence was the best thing that the class could have right now. Another thing I've been starting to wonder is what got her placed in Class D since she could have easily been put in Class A considering both her grades and personality. I'm guessing that it's not something I'm going to figure out so easily with her having shown no signs of a fatal flaw in the past few months. Perhaps she is like me in the way that it was a mistake to be placed in this class of defects, but it doesn't seem like this mistake is going to be corrected by the school. Yes, it was just a mistake, that's all.

Mikuri had a spot in mind that she had seen while observing the island from afar, and so we began our journey towards that point. We hadn't seen any class head off in this direction yet, so we most likely had a good chance of finding things open.

When we arrived, it ended up being a nice area with a waterfall that she led us to. When I gazed into the water I noticed that it looked very clean.

"Can we drink this water?" Tetsuya questioned while looking at the water with somewhat a look of disgust.

I had already made my own conclusion, so I decided if I were to be useful now would be the time. I am extremely out of my element on an island, but I can still think for myself. "I'm sure the school wouldn't willingly allow there to be water that could possibly poison students on this island. Having the risk of a student mistakenly drinking dirty water and then contracting a disease is not something they would allow. I'm certain that this water is drinkable. And just boil it if you're that worried."